Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I think you stay with JaQuon at the 4 when Yancy comes back.

One more game without the bigs. Will be very interesting to see how we matchup verse Pitt who are desperate for a win.
I agree. He and Cash were huge the last 3 minutes and he shooting over 80% from the ft line I believe.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
Butterfly

Butterfly is on a distinguished road
If we shoot even moderately well, I think we'll be fine against Pittsburgh.
They aren't the same team they were last year, at all.
No real post presence, no rhythm on offense.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
If we shoot even moderately well, I think we'll be fine against Pittsburgh.
They aren't the same team they were last year, at all.
No real post presence, no rhythm on offense.

Gotta say I am PROUD of this coaching staff and team.. Sometimes life hands you sh*t and you have yo respond.. They have really made this a postitive.. I thought sanders really gave some nice miutes as well playing way out of position... It's these kind of wins that bring the fans back.. I hope Gates can grow play with this much heart when he comes back.. If you can combine this kind of effort with his natural gifts, you could be looking at a team making a run..
adhdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Even with a crowd a little over 4k that place was loud the final 3 min and it felt awesome! Goes to show what a true arena style can bring in regards to crowd noise.
actually that is more of a credit to the fans, not the arena style. shoemaker is suited to be louder than an arena like us bank because of the large walls behind the student sections which makes the noise bounce. this is a reason why assembly hall is arguably the loudest arena in america...minimal end zone seating and large walls behind the hoops.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #15
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
5th/3rd gets loud when fans are into it...the upper seating just sucks and the parking imo.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
5th/3rd gets loud when fans are into it...the upper seating just sucks and the parking imo.
100%. my comment was more directed towards uc alum's comment that it "goes to show what a true arena style can bring in terms of crowd noise." my point was that shoemaker, albeit inconvenient for fans, based on its design, produces more noise than a normal arena-style gym.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote