Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Your turning into Ralphy, a Huggins bashing blowhard... weak.
No no. I want WVU to do well. Huggins was at K state for a year and that place turned into a Top 25 program.

I respect him.

Fact is he has as much to do with our program crashing than anybody. IF he conducted himself like a normal person he wouldnt be at WVU right now.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
ucgrad94

ucgrad94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Without Huggins throwing up on himself and embarressing the university we would be 25-6 with a Big East Championship.

Sorry. This is old. I am rooting for Huggs to do well but im sorry you can't argue he dug his own grave.
When did that DUI occur? When did he "resign" from UC? Over a year later, so no, that DUI is not the reason he was fired. It was because he was bigger than that witch that ran the school. And as far as WVU, if Butler doesn't take those shots, somebody else will, plus pretty sure we were tied, so even if he missed that doesn't mean they were gonna lose, as is the same with about 3 of the other games he made shots in. But again, lets just win the NIT.
ucgrad94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I respected Huggs as a basketball coach, and I see both sides as to his departure. One thing I didn't care for, was how UC treated Kennedy. Should've kept him on, IMO.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
It was John Belien who recruitied D'Sean Butler, Wellington Smith, Joe Mazzulzo to WVU, not Huggins. He merely got the benefit from Belien's recruiting. Without Butler and Smith WVU is 20-13 and on the bubble. Wait till next year when he has to play with guys he recruited. Ebanks will probably declare for the NBA, WVU will be middle of the Big East pack next year.
crack smoker!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #15
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Without Butler winning 6 games they would be 21-13.
Butler does not coach the team, design the plays or make the decisions. He is told what to do and coached. Stop the crack!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #16
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucgrad94 View Post
When did that DUI occur? When did he "resign" from UC? Over a year later, so no, that DUI is not the reason he was fired. It was because he was bigger than that witch that ran the school. And as far as WVU, if Butler doesn't take those shots, somebody else will, plus pretty sure we were tied, so even if he missed that doesn't mean they were gonna lose, as is the same with about 3 of the other games he made shots in. But again, lets just win the NIT.
Your right. I am saying that without the DUI he would not have been forced to resign. Also the lack of graduating hurt his chances too. The big dogs thought he was hurting our image. Not sure if I agree but he did a lot that gave the university that chance to fire him.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Your right. I am saying that without the DUI he would not have been forced to resign. Also the lack of graduating hurt his chances too. The big dogs thought he was hurting our image. Not sure if I agree but he did a lot that gave the university that chance to fire him.
We all know the graduating statistics were skewed.

Also it was not the big dogs. It was the chi wow wow.
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #18
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Huggins was a total embarrassment to the University. He had to go.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
Butler does not coach the team, design the plays or make the decisions. He is told what to do and coached. Stop the crack!
Butler made the shots. If he misses 6 more losses. When filling out your NCAA Tourney brackets do not pick WVU to get past the second round.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #20
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Huggins was a total embarrassment to the University. He had to go.
What is embarrassing is playing in the Not In Tournament. You know the one we used to rip on X for playing in??
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote