Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Fab 5 Documentary

Anyone check out the ESPN documentary on the Fab 5? Besides their victory over UC in the tournament, I loved the Fab 5. Jalen Rose was one of my favorite players of that time. From the longer shorts to the black socks to their style of play, the Fab 5 changed college basketball to what it is today. I know they got busted for accepting money and benefits, and it has and will always tarnish their legacy, but it does not take away from the games they played. The documentary did a good job focusing on the teammates on the sidelines yelling and signaling for a timeout during the infamous Webber catastrophe. The criticism he received would be unbearable and too much for most 19 year olds. The documentary also covered the racial matters facing these kids, which i was not aware of. Anyways, in the end, if you did not watch it, and you were a basketball fan in those days, I highly recommend this documentary. Very well done. And remember this, even if you did not like the Fab 5, they were like most basketball fans around the country...they hated Duke
Go Bearcats!

Last edited by nparker1; 03-13-2011 at 10:44 PM.
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I have it recorded and will watch it in the next couple of days. They were a fun team to watch when they weren't beating UC in the tourney.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Made me like jalen rose a bit more, he had some funny quotes. The one Guy looked exactly like tyreek Evans when he was a freshman. Also thought it was fitting for ESPN to not even acknowledge the uc-michigan game for more than a mere 5 seconds ha. They acted like they steam rolled us and it was a really good close game. Good documentary though.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
who are the fab 5? I dont think they existed...
Old 03-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
babcat

babcat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to babcat
That game still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

1991 was my last year at UC. I was pulling hard for them.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Dave Telep posted something on twitter about it being good. I replied : It's different when you're on the losing end of a bunch of cheaters.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
Dave Telep posted something on twitter about it being good. I replied : It's different when you're on the losing end of a bunch of cheaters.
again, i was a fan of the Fab 5 (except when they beat UC), but to say "bunch" of cheaters is not fair...Webber and Rose were the only ones that were accused of taking money if I am remembering correctly. I am pretty sure that Jackson, Howard, and King were not involved in the matter. Understand your point, and disgust, but those three were punished/erased from the records for the mistakes of two.
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
Quit Whining, they beat UC fair and square on the basketball court and were a better team that night.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #9
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
again, i was a fan of the Fab 5 (except when they beat UC), but to say "bunch" of cheaters is not fair...Webber and Rose were the only ones that were accused of taking money if I am remembering correctly. I am pretty sure that Jackson, Howard, and King were not involved in the matter. Understand your point, and disgust, but those three were punished/erased from the records for the mistakes of two.
And I understand your point and agree that the other 3 guys weren't involved in the scandal, but I think it's a fair assumption to say that those guys are never in the record books without Webber and Rose.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
those guys are never in the record books without Webber and Rose.

they arent in the record books!