Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Look how far they have come: UC is relevant

First let me start by saying that I do not believe that OSU is the only school taking part in shady business...in fact, i believe that it is possible that stuff goes on in all major athletic departments...

In the wake of the Tressel resignation and issues, I have been entertained by reading comments, arguments, tweets, and various posts by OSU fans on different sites. What i have enjoyed the most from some of these posts is not the crying and pointing of fingers, but the UC football program being referenced. Many OSU fans have taken this opportunity to knock on UC. Would this have happened five-six years ago? Before joining the BEast and before Coach Kelly, did UC even cross the minds of OSU fans? I cannot say whether it did or did not, however, i wouldn't be surprised if it did not. I am not going as far to say that OSU fans feel threatened or are worried about UC knocking their team off the Ohio pedestal (most OSU fans are to blind to even consider that idea), but I am just acknowledging that UC is on their minds. I know that this is based mostly on Ohio media, but it is still great to see and hear. Personally, i would like to thank UC and the football team for their efforts to not only be to good, competitive team, but to become relevant in Ohio. In my opinion, UC football, and UC athletics in general, have made great strides over the last few years, and it looks like they have a plan to continue the growth. Living in Cincinnati, i have to listen to OSU fans in almost every setting, however, it is great to hear them bring up UC football...puts a smile on my face for sure. Good luck this season to Coach Jones and the boys, cannot wait for the season to start.

Go Bearcats!
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
First let me start by saying that I do not believe that OSU is the only school taking part in shady business...in fact, i believe that it is possible that stuff goes on in all major athletic departments...

In the wake of the Tressel resignation and issues, I have been entertained by reading comments, arguments, tweets, and various posts by OSU fans on different sites. What i have enjoyed the most from some of these posts is not the crying and pointing of fingers, but the UC football program being referenced. Many OSU fans have taken this opportunity to knock on UC. Would this have happened five-six years ago? Before joining the BEast and before Coach Kelly, did UC even cross the minds of OSU fans? I cannot say whether it did or did not, however, i wouldn't be surprised if it did not. I am not going as far to say that OSU fans feel threatened or are worried about UC knocking their team off the Ohio pedestal (most OSU fans are to blind to even consider that idea), but I am just acknowledging that UC is on their minds. I know that this is based mostly on Ohio media, but it is still great to see and hear. Personally, i would like to thank UC and the football team for their efforts to not only be to good, competitive team, but to become relevant in Ohio. In my opinion, UC football, and UC athletics in general, have made great strides over the last few years, and it looks like they have a plan to continue the growth. Living in Cincinnati, i have to listen to OSU fans in almost every setting, however, it is great to hear them bring up UC football...puts a smile on my face for sure. Good luck this season to Coach Jones and the boys, cannot wait for the season to start.

Go Bearcats!
I get what your saying but this doesn't make us relevant. I think BCS appearances 2 out of 3 years makes us relevant. I think a coach turning down 3 or 4 big time jobs and only getting pouched whebn the best job in the sport opened does too. We would be more relevant if we offered kids cars at candy bar prices. I do care what happens and hope some on the fence OSU fans fcome to UC side. Always room....
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Living in Columbus, the last two days have been like Christmas in May! I can't get enough OSU football talk for the first time EVER!! Look, if people think this story from SI is the topping on the ice cream, they are wrong. There is a lot more stuff that could come out if the sources want to let their names be printed. The problem is that, similar to the mafia at it's height, people are intimidated by the backlash that could come from OSU fans. There is a reason Kirk Herbstreit decided to move away from Columbus.

As for UC, no one in Columbus has even thought about UC in regards to this issue and nor should they. I get why OSU fans in Cincinnati want to bring UC into the mix and try to put the program down but that is only a local issue. OSU fans in Columbus are trying to point the finger at the national media right now. They should really just look in the mirror and realize that they finally got caught. The cheating in the OSU football program is the worst kept secret in the history of sports. It never came out before because no one wanted to go on the record.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote