Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Playing Ohio in football, why not basketball?

Upon the news of UC playing Ohio U in football in the future, it made me wonder if the two schools should play in basketball each year as well...Ohio has been in the tourney the last couple of years and might pose as a respectable team to play against year in and year out...not to mention, a lot of UC students' friends and families attend OU and that could spark some interest...thoughts?
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Personally, I think it would be a bad idea. Ohio has had a nice little run, but the only reason they made the tournament was because they won the MAC. Heck, the first time they made it, they weren't a very good team. They won a double OT first round MAC tournament game that year.

They got hot, but I don't think Ohio U is a team you want to schedule a series with. Especially if you are talking about a home and home, which I don't believe you are but if your are playing a yearly basis you never know. I would especially wait a little bit to see how the coaching change effects them, which I think it will greatly.

OU would be a step up from some of the teams UC has scheduled in the OOC, and I could see scheduling them every now and then, but I don't think it would be a good idea to schedule them every year.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Not a long series so we aren't locked in for too long but it couldn't hurt. Better than Chicago St.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Yes, set up series with Kent State, Ohio, Cleveland State, Dayton, etc in rotating years. Provides a slight boost to the attendance and boosts to the OOC.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote