Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #11
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
I can only stand to listen to Mo Egger. He at least cares about UC's success.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
1. Cincinnati has its highest ranking in 10 seasons. What makes the Bearcats so hard to beat?

Andy Katz: This team is led by men. The Bearcats have a presence about them. They don't wilt. They are as tough a team as any in the country. Experience matters.

Eamonn Brennan: They're not dissimilar from San Diego State: They guard like crazy, and, when games are close, they rely on capable senior guards to take things home. The Aztecs have Xavier Thames; Cincinnati has Sean Kilpatrick. There are limits here, but when you defend this well, you can mask them.

C.L. Brown: The Bearcats are so tough defensively. Take a guy like 6-foot-7 forward Titus Rubles. When he gets switched on a pick and has to defend a smaller guard, he can do it. Opponents find it hard to create a mismatch to their advantage. That's why Cincinnati is fourth nationally in scoring defense (56.7 points per game).
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I didn't hear any but I heard Eddie and Tracy were a joke this afternoon. Were calling out the attendance and everything possible, and only let in the callers also trashing the program. Those guys are pathetic.
It was a lot of tounge and cheek stuff. They are basically suggesting that Cronin could leave if he doesn't start getting more appreciation.

I think the fans will come but if the university doesn't step up they could be right. If we continue to have one of the worst budgets in the country for a program of our stature...that is a slap in the face.

By the way, Hoard vehemently disagreed with the suggestion of Cronin leaving and said I vehemently disagreed with you last year and I am doing the same this year.

Cronin does not want to leave...but if the university takes advantage of that with lousy budgets and mediocre pay...he might be forced to do it. We don't have to be the highest bidder and we don't have to have the highest budget...but we can't have the lowest budget when our program is doing so well.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Cronin did some hinting earlier this year about budgets and stuff. I don't recall him doing a lot of that in the past. I think the university needs to take this as a hint and step up. If Cronin is like me he is not going to beg for what he's worth or what he deserves. If enough time goes by with no action...he may not give UC the chance to counter another offer or big budget program. He has undoubtedly explained to the AD what he needs to compete with the big dogs time and time again. He is driven by wanting to be a great coach and compete for the biggest prize...if he doesn't see that opportunity here...he could leave out of necessity rather than preference.

It seems like ONO is on board with pay raises for the coaches. What Cronin wants is a bigger BB budget to work with for scheduling and recruiting. Hell, just put our budget in the top 50th percentile and it could make a huge difference. I am sure he would also like to hear some chatter about facility upgrades in terms of arena.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #15
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
The good:
Seth Greenberg ‏@SethOnHoops 5h
Bearcats just wear you down and eventually break their opponents down. Not pretty but results are hard to argue with. Bearcat Tough.

Leaving Cincinnati impressed with both teams. Bearcats are grown men Huskies without Daniels found a way to stay in the game.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 1h
Sean Kilpatrick Could Win Wooden Award, But Won’t Get Drafted in the 1st Round http://zagsblog.com/articles/sean-ki...the-1st-round/

The D-bag:

Jeff GoodmanVerified account ‏@GoodmanESPN
@AdamZagoria Sean Kilpatrick could win Wooden Award? Are you stuffing the ballot box?
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #16
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
If anyone wants to listen to the interview, the podcast is already up: http://www.700wlw.com/media/podcast-...ur-1-24299936/
Talk radio. Can't stand it. Objective: Spew crap over radio waves to incite an emotion in the listeners. Why do people even listen to these guys? They drip with arrogance.
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #17
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
Talk radio. Can't stand it. Objective: Spew crap over radio waves to incite an emotion in the listeners. Why do people even listen to these guys? They drip with arrogance.
The only local talk radio guy I can stand is Ken Broo. Lance and Mo come off arrogant and think they are always right and you're wrong just because they have a radio show.
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #18
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
The good:
Bearcats just wear you down and eventually break their opponents down. Not pretty but results are hard to argue with. Bearcat Tough.

Leaving Cincinnati impressed with both teams. Bearcats are grown men Huskies without Daniels found a way to stay in the game.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 1h
Sean Kilpatrick Could Win Wooden Award, But Won’t Get Drafted in the 1st Round http://zagsblog.com/articles/sean-ki...the-1st-round/

The D-bag:

Jeff GoodmanVerified account ‏@GoodmanESPN
@AdamZagoria Sean Kilpatrick could win Wooden Award? Are you stuffing the ballot box?
I love SK and he is having a fantastic year, especially lately, but he has no chance of winning the Wooden award. Not sure why saying that makes someone a D-Bag.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #19
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I love SK and he is having a fantastic year, especially lately, but he has no chance of winning the Wooden award. Not sure why saying that makes someone a D-Bag.
It's not the opinion but the snarky factor in his comment. This is more of a personal annoyance for me and might not bother others as much or at all. It just seems that reporting, thoughtful commentary, and insight are giving way to snappy one-liners and media personalities trying to become the story rather than report on a story.

Last edited by Bearcat22; 02-07-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #20
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
It was between two writers who know each other. At least I didn't view it as snappy. No one truly believes SK can win the award unless he starts averaging about 30 points and UC make a national title run. McDermott has been crazy this year and is probably a lock.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote