Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #91
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Wichita would likely be a quad 1 so thats my answer.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #92
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Bringing back only 3 players, Having Mcneal start the first 7 games, The Davenport injury to limit the bench early on, Cumberland injuries all year, Sorolla injury early on then leaving the team altogether, Brand new system, NO BENCH, Coachs father passing.....

Yes. Easily, yes. Honestly, it isnt even close

Uhhh going into last year, we lost gary, & Kyle then unexpectedly lost Jacob Evans to the draft.

It was a rebuilding year. Yet we made it comfortable in the tourney.

Tre, nysier, jenifer, Broome were all unknowns pushed into huge roles. Keith has a garbage freshman year.

We had 1 returning double digit scorer.

You can prefer this season over last, that’s fine. But don’t downplay last year.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #93
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Uhhh going into last year, we lost gary, & Kyle then unexpectedly lost Jacob Evans to the draft.

It was a rebuilding year. Yet we made it comfortable in the tourney.

Tre, nysier, jenifer, Broome were all unknowns pushed into huge roles. Keith has a garbage freshman year.

We had 1 returning double digit scorer.

You can prefer this season over last, that’s fine. But don’t downplay last year.
Was Jarron hurt? Seems to be a big thing you continue to gloss over. Best player In the league. Yeah, it’s whatever. I’m going to guess last years team would have taken a hit if Jarron was hurt. Was it a new staff? All rational arguments one would make. If they were rational
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:09 PM   #94
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I’m not even saying this years team is anything great, because it’s not. But do people think last years team was that great. We were a top 35ish team all year. With a healthy Jarron and coaching staff that recruited the players. What am I missing? Is that the standard we are shooting for? I think we will be fine if that’s what we are shooting for.
This is a short sighted statement.

Last year, we returned just one double digit scorer.
Keith was a dud his freshmen year
Tre was a career back
Brooks was a back up
Jenifer was a marginal player, who didn’t blossom into a shooter until last year
Fredericks wasn’t ready
Cane Broome struggled at this level
Eliel was just a dude who could rebound
Hardnett was a redshirt
Prince redshirted
Logan was just a 3 star freshmen, unheralded

I mean last years team lost gary, Kyle and then jake to the draft.

They weren’t supposed to be good.

Look at that group of guys from an unbiased lens and you see 1 good player, at least going into the season.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #95
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
This is a short sighted statement.

Last year, we returned just one double digit scorer.
Keith was a dud his freshmen year
Tre was a career back
Brooks was a back up
Jenifer was a marginal player, who didn’t blossom into a shooter until last year
Fredericks wasn’t ready
Cane Broome struggled at this level
Eliel was just a dude who could rebound
Hardnett was a redshirt
Prince redshirted
Logan was just a 3 star freshmen, unheralded

I mean last years team lost gary, Kyle and then jake to the draft.

They weren’t supposed to be good.

Look at that group of guys from an unbiased lens and you see 1 good player, at least going into the season.
It’s like talking to a brick wall. Give him perfectly reasonable explanations, explanations anyone in the world would agree with. Best player in the league is hurt, it’s going to effect the team. New staff, obviously going to effect the team. Let’s ignore those points and talk about something else.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:16 PM   #96
justinhub2003
Epic Member

This years team :
Quad 1: 2-6
Quad 2: 7-0
Quad 3: 9-4
Quad 4: 2-0

Last years team:
Q1: 5-5
Q2: 7-1
Q3: 10-0
Q4: 6-1

One team had a safely in resume and one doesn’t.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #97
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
It’s like talking to a brick wall. Give him perfectly reasonable explanations, explanations anyone in the world would agree with. Best player in the league is hurt, it’s going to effect the team. New staff, obviously going to effect the team. Let’s ignore those points and talk about something else.
Do you want me to go back and find the clips that says Jarron was playing hurt last year ?

He was banged up all season last year. He wore a boot after every game and got surgery in the offseason so it wouldn’t bother him this year.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #98
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
I’m not even talking about this years team. I’m saying what you said about last year team was short sighted.

They weren’t supposed to be good. The only reason we’re supposed to be decent was because mick was known for winning:

Don’t look at last years roster and say yeah, I totally expected to win 28 games.

Because it’s not true.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:29 PM   #99
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I’m not even talking about this years team. I’m saying what you said about last year team was short sighted.

They weren’t supposed to be good. The only reason we’re supposed to be decent was because mick was known for winning:

Don’t look at last years roster and say yeah, I totally expected to win 28 games.

Because it’s not true.
The question isn’t that last years team was better, it was, the question is why it was better. If you want to say Jarron was the same player last year, I don’t know how to argue with that. That’s just stupid. The guy went a month going 2-13. You literally sound dumb. I know you’re not that dumb. The schedule was also harder this year. The coaching staff was brand new. You watch enough basketball to know these things matter.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:39 PM   #100
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Because it’s not true.
We played 7 quad 4 games last year....
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote