Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #141
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
So am I the only one that thinks this nike/addidas junk is b.s.? If that was a major factor for players/handlers why would a coach waste his time with a player from an aau team sponsored by a shoe co other than what the college uses?
Why do you think Obekpa has taken a long time to decide? His handlers want him to go to Nike school. Why? Because they get kickbacks if players stay with same brand. I suggest you read this.

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #142
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Why do you think Obekpa has taken a long time to decide? His handlers want him to go to Nike school. Why? Because they get kickbacks if players stay with same brand. I suggest you read this.

http://www.amazon.com/Play-Their-Hea.../dp/0345508602

Ok. Ridiculous, mainly because if that's how it is we should target addidas players only and if that's not how it is we should quit using it as an excuse.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #143
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I am pretty disappointed in missing on Ennis. While I think we all agree that Obepka is the better player I am getting nervous about our PG situation. Obviously Guyn can run it but I am not sure he is a pure PG.
Agree. I'm worried about that position after Cash. Heck last year when Cash left the floor I always got nervous. Hurt us in the O$U game as well.

Hope we get someone that can compete for some serious time in the 2013 class as I am not sold on Guyn at all.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #144
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

obekpa was playing for an adidas aau team this past weekend (new heights). if his handlers wanted him to go nike so bad- do you think they would have let this happen?

trust me, i've read play their hearts out, I'm in tune with the shoe company stuff...so I'm not second guessing that it occurs. just think we all want to find reasons to blame people for why we don't get guys- when evidence this past weekend seems to indicate he is an adidas guy.

not to mention, we want to say we didn't get player x because his handlers wanted him to go nike....how do you know we haven't also been the beneficiary of these dealings where player x's people push him to an adidas school ala UC? it works both ways.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #145
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Actually, I think Obekpa is going to announce on May 7 because it is his mom's birthday.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #146
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
It just seems that Mick can't seal the deal very often. Frustrating.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #147
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
It just seems that Mick can't seal the deal very often. Frustrating.
I am not sure there is a lot of evidence of this.

If you recruit 15 players you cant get them all.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #148
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Anybody heard anything about Montrezl Harrell decomitting from VT after Greenberg fired. Were we recruiting him befor he signed? Seems like a good player.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #149
teerusty1

teerusty1 is on a distinguished road
I'm not real sure Dylan Ennis had a firm offer. I think Mick was recruiting year round, just trying to have something lined up unless we lose Obekpa. I am not sweating Ennis going to Villanova. Mick will dangle Cash's PT at enough rising seniors to get a good PG signee in November.

The ones that are pissed over losing Ennis, who would you like to run off to make room for him? I just don't think he's that good. But I will be freaking out with you if Obekpa signs with St. John's.
teerusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #150
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by teerusty1 View Post
I'm not real sure Dylan Ennis had a firm offer. I think Mick was recruiting year round, just trying to have something lined up unless we lose Obekpa. I am not sweating Ennis going to Villanova. Mick will dangle Cash's PT at enough rising seniors to get a good PG signee in November.

The ones that are pissed over losing Ennis, who would you like to run off to make room for him? I just don't think he's that good. But I will be freaking out with you if Obekpa signs with St. John's.
Gaines, rubles would be my first choices to go.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote