Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #611
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I get the sentiment and I do agree life decisions shouldn't be taken lightly, but at this point by waiting out he's missing out on schools who are filling their rosters and honestly if he's that good any decent program in a good conference will get him the exposure and competition he needs to make it to the NBA. Unless you're staying home or following a good friend somewhere, then really what's the difference of going to school in Cincinnati or Providence or out in Oregon or wherever? You're not with friends and not with family.

His handlers are awaiting some handouts. That seems evident to me. The fact that he is letting them guide him through all this worries me a little bit. I'd love to have him, but I'm not willing (and I sure as hell hope Mick isn't) to outpay someone for him. What kid from the east coast really wants to play for Oregon? When have they ever been relevant in basketball? And the PAC 12 sucks anymore.
I know a kid's decision sometimes has to do with location and comfortability with the school, coaches, and teammates.

But......

UC will be a top 25, if not top 15 team next season. Obekpa is sure to get some playing time as a frosh, as I wasn't impressed with Mbodj, and Ellis has barely played, and I like what I saw from Gaines but he didn't play that much either. I just don't see a top 60 recruit sitting on the bench with Obekpa's defensive skills and rebounding.

Of the schools he's considering, seems like UC would give him the most exposure, has playing time to offer, and will be the best team next year of the ones he is considering.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #612
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Most recruiting analyst agree that the 2012 class isn't a great class. There just aren't a ton of guys ready to come in and make a difference. That's one reason why Obekpa would be big for the Cats. Defensively he could make his presence felt. Tomorrow is the 7th, should be interesting or it'll just pass by and the wait goes on.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #613
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Jon Rothstein ‏ @JonRothstein
No timetable but Cincy still strong RT @sffdave any info on when and where obekpa is signing

Nothing new here, just find it interesting that the process has gone on this long......
Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #614
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
sigh
Old 05-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #615
JackBauer151
Epic Member

The Main Event for today at IS8 is on deck ---- Chris Obekpa. Here we go.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #616
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Chris Obekpa is putting on a show right now at IS8. Blocking and altering shots at will. Incredibly graceful for 6-foot-9.

The best comparison right now 4 Chris Obekpa would be Theo Ratliff. Limited offensively but alters things at will on D. Protects the rim.

Chris Obekpa is made 4 any coach who likes 2 press. Instantly makes people in front of better defensively bc of how hard they can pressure.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #617
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Chris Obekpa is a legit 6-foot-9. Should be an immediate starter next season. Special player with "gifts from God" defensively.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #618
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Theo Rabinowitz ‏ @TheoRabinowitz
Obekpa with 13 and probably at least 10 blocks.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #619
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Some sites are reporting he isn't visiting Oregon. His coach says he is still trying to work the visit out. Barring a visit to Oregon and that wildcard, I'd say UC and Providence right now. He is a well guarded young man. Let's hope that everything is done with his best interest in mind and not the interest of others.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #620
teerusty1

teerusty1 is on a distinguished road
Andrew Force has a new article up on Obekpa. Not signing tomorrow. I'm starting to get concerned.........
Closed Thread