Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2021, 10:28 PM   #161
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Not sure which poster it was exactly, but I was told that Miler was saving the best for last. Parapharsing, "You can count on it".

We're getting a 5th year "Super Senior" who averaged 5.9 and 6.8 in 27 minutes a game????

That's the big get?

I'm not sure how many times I can say this but the individual signing isn't what concerns me. It's the entire approach, the collective haul and the class. This team has sub (well below) top 60 roster construction written all over it.

I honestly don't know how anyone can pretend to be remotely impressed with this.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:44 PM   #162
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
How is an elite rebounder and shot blocker who played 20+ minutes all four seasons in the SEC (including a Kenpom #21 team) not a big get? What players do you consider big gets?
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:06 PM   #163
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
How is an elite rebounder and shot blocker who played 20+ minutes all four seasons in the SEC (including a Kenpom #21 team) not a big get? What players do you consider big gets?

How does an "elite rebounder" only average 6.8 per 27 minutes? David Dejulius averaged 4.5 playing the same minutes from the PG position.

This dude played serious minutes for 4 years and was a 5-7 pt scorer. Never imrpoved his numbers in his entire time there.

I'm supposed to be impressed by this? This is a big get? Gimme a break.

We've now gotten to point where we need to pretend like Wake Forest and Mississipi State's 5th and 6th best players are going to make us a legitimate team. And then add them to a bunch of UNCG transfers and pretend like we're doing good.

This is a joke. Our roster is straight garbage by Cincinnati standards.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:20 PM   #164
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Offensive and defensive rebounds are completely different. Anyone can grab an uncontested defensive rebound. Players with rebounding skill get offensive rebounds. Ado is one of the best in the country at it.

Ado is not a scorer. I don't know why you would judge him on his scoring. Would you also turn down Cisse?

Ado was Miss St's 2nd or 3rd best player (2nd in box +/- and 2nd in BPR). He was #13 in the country in block rate and #40 in offensive rebounding among players with 25+ minutes. And he does it without fouling much (3.3 per 40 minutes). He's an elite interior center.

So please answer my question. What is your list of players that are not jokes?
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:09 AM   #165
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Not sure which poster it was exactly, but I was told that Miler was saving the best for last. Parapharsing, "You can count on it".

We're getting a 5th year "Super Senior" who averaged 5.9 and 6.8 in 27 minutes a game????

That's the big get?

I'm not sure how many times I can say this but the individual signing isn't what concerns me. It's the entire approach, the collective haul and the class. This team has sub (well below) top 60 roster construction written all over it.

I honestly don't know how anyone can pretend to be remotely impressed with this.
I’m not overly excited but the guy is a short term piece. He’s a senior and will be here one year. A lot of people loved micks teams, you telling me this guy isn’t better than or equal to nyser brooks? Same with ody. I’m not saying this roster is incredible, no one is, but I think it can compete in the American. I’ll take that considering we had 4 players a month ago.

I still don’t understand what you expected to happen here. We are coming off the worst year we’ve had in 15 years, most, if not all of the high schoolers are signed. The best transfers want to go win right now, and we haven’t been a destination for college basketball in 20 years. While in the American. You have to build it back up. Doesn’t happen overnight

Last edited by cincyguy13; 05-18-2021 at 04:24 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:02 AM   #166
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I don’t mind this roster. Maybe I’m optimistic, I usually am. Newman and ody are dropping a league, which is usually a lot easier than moving up a league. There is no reason they can’t average double digits. I think ody could be a star in this league. There just isn’t many big guys that can play. Ado could definitely be productive. He just put up similar numbers to brooks in a similar league to brooks. And people were really mad that brooks left. We already have Davenport and Mikey who can develop in to all league guys. Davenport should have been all league this year. I don’t know much about the UNCG guys but if they can give us anything, that’s a bonus.

We still need some big scorers but we can definitely compete in the league with this roster.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 05-18-2021 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:59 AM   #167
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Says the guy who claims UNCG would, for a fact, blown out UC last year.

It's funny, you're the one who has yet to offer a single, verifiable piece of information. Not a one.

Every one of your posts is either filled with nonsense (UNCG would have crushed UC) or insults (I can't wait to call you a moron, I'm just in awe of how stupid you are).

Do you have anything to offer this site? Any facts or opinions of your own? Anything at all?

I'm guessing that answer is no. You're either 14 years old or you're mouth breathing, Mt. Dew chugging, Big Bang Theory watching moron. (Mods, I'm assuming this ok by the insults that this dude is hurling around here.)
If we are going to talk about what each of us have offered what exactly have you offered again? youve spoken down on every signing because they are from the carolinas (always a hot bed for basketball talent). You have talked down every signing and coach when in fact, you dont know anything about them. You havent done any research for your statements. You looked at a name and went full on negative.
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:00 AM   #168
itsamemario

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Bro will y’all please stop it. It’s nothing to argue here. Newman literally committed to UNCG
Do you also call Samari Curtis the former Xavier player?
Old 05-18-2021, 07:02 AM   #169
itsamemario

Quote:
What does 75mile radius have do with it? Buddy with Mick, John and now Wes I’ve wanted to hit local recruiting hard. It was actually my #1 requirement for new coach. Fact of matter is Wes has actually did exactly what I wanted just in different state and region. He recruited Carolina hard and I don’t blame him. Going forward I need to see Ohio connections. Darryn Peterson still hasn’t been offered. He’s 9th grader dominating 17u AAU right now, he’s probably already better than McMillan
So Wes has to fill a damn roster for this upcoming season. Has been on the job a month to do so, and you are talking about 8th graders? okay bud
Old 05-18-2021, 07:15 AM   #170
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Bro will y’all please stop it. It’s nothing to argue here. Newman literally committed to UNCG
We literally had half our roster transfer to mid-major schools like UNCG, from a team, you claimed was a top 15 roster.