Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #141
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
We had a real good chance. Some bad calls sure but we got sped up and took quite a few bad shots toward the end. If you are defended well you don’t have to shoot. Reset the offense...take a breath.

I like our chances in Cincy. Stop sitting Cumberland with 1 foul!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 AM   #142
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Seemed like Jennifer didn't play much in the first half. Not sure if he ticked off the coach or they were just worried about fouls, but it's obvious that he sets things up better this year, especially if Cumberland is on the bench too.

I thought Broom was okay and did a good job in some ways, but the defense is always lacking with him, and Jennifer just knows how to not turn things over.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #143
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Seemed like Jennifer didn't play much in the first half. Not sure if he ticked off the coach or they were just worried about fouls, but it's obvious that he sets things up better this year, especially if Cumberland is on the bench too.

I thought Broom was okay and did a good job in some ways, but the defense is always lacking with him, and Jennifer just knows how to not turn things over.
Jenifer was awful yesterday. His play dictated he sit.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #144
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Oh and Broome had 0 turnovers vs jenifers (on the 1st possession)
Old 02-11-2019, 07:51 AM   #145
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Jenifer was awful yesterday. His play dictated he sit.
13 minutes, 1 assist, 1 turnover, -11 +/-. I don't know if there was a starting senior point guard anywhere else in the nation who gave his team less yesterday.

Actually, I stand corrected. Jamal McMurray was worse yesterday.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:56 AM   #146
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Justin and tre simply didn't bring anything to the table.... A growing trend in big games
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #147
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
13 minutes, 1 assist, 1 turnover, -11 +/-. I don't know if there was a starting senior point guard anywhere else in the nation who gave his team less yesterday.

He continues to bring little to the offensive end in these types of games. Hardly ever looks to penetrate or create something. I liked Cane in there over JJ for nothing other than the fact that Houston didn't have the option to only guard 4 players. Doesn't always look pretty but that kid is fearless.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #148
cincycpaw
Epic Member

I agree about Broome. He gives you a chance to win in these games. Jenifer gives you defensive liabilities with no offensive upside.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #149
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Jenifer literally just went 4 of 9 from deep against Memphis with 14 points. We won that game by 5.

I have been one of his biggest critics over the years but his value as a catch and shoot guy is pretty high this year. So his role has switched but there is value in his new role. With JC, KW, and CB...he doesn't have to be the driving and dishing PG...we need his outside shooting.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #150
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post

Give it a rest dude
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote