Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Interesting thanks. Which media get to make requests?
Koch, myself, AP writer, Dehner Jr if he is there. Pretty much all the media guys sitting on press row. SID usually comes around with a few minutes left in the game and asks who we want...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Koch, myself, AP writer, Dehner Jr if he is there. Pretty much all the media guys sitting on press row. SID usually comes around with a few minutes left in the game and asks who we want...
Well then next time ask for jd3 and ask him some questions that would be interesting interview.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Well then next time ask for jd3 and ask him some questions that would be interesting interview.
Or they could do what good journalists do and interview players that had a significant impact on the game....
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #24
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Or they could do what good journalists do and interview players that had a significant impact on the game....
It's the same thing everytime hey sk how do you think you guys did? Hey Rubles how was the defense tonight? Switch it up and give other people a say.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #25
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It's the same thing everytime hey sk how do you think you guys did? Hey Rubles how was the defense tonight? Switch it up and give other people a say.
They spoke to Shaq Thomas last game, because he played well...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #26
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
They spoke to Shaq Thomas last game, because he played well...
I did see that you are correct
Old 11-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #27
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some of those guys are just not good interviewees no matter how good they play. Call it stage fright if you will. They need to be pre-coached by Mick (or somebody) if they're going in front of the press to - look at your questioner both, when he is asking a question, and when you respond. Cronin needs to be schooled in that as well. He tends to fixate on the stats printout instead of pausing, reading, and then responding. It's not really that difficult to look someone in the eye when you're conversing with them. First, it's the polite thing to do, and second, it gives you some street "cred". SK is good at that. Go back and watch the interview with SK and Sanders. Sanders continually fidgets and looks down. He's a nice guy, can play in front of thousands of fans, yet interviewed like a shy, little kid. I know, they aren't on the team because they're articulate, but they still ARE representing the team. What say we polish up the act a little?
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Do the coaches make any "suggestions" as to who they SHOULD interview? Do they ever deny a request for a specific person (obviously freshmen are excluded up to a certain point as has been mentioned)?

Rubles seemed pretty comfortable up there but Shaq wasn't. I am sure that can be expected...but some youngsters have a lot to say and just like to hear themselves talk. I get the impression that is not ST. That's OK it was good to see him up there...I felt he deserved the spotlight. It gave me a little insight as to who ST is as a personality and those are moments I like as a fan whether they are reserved or outgoing.

Thanks for the info
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think the fans are clueless as to why exactly JDIII has been passed over for other players, but since many of us are still basically in the dark, it would be a great question to see Cronin answer in a presser.

We can assume D is the main thing, or being out of position, but are there other things like attitude that are playing into this? Is it athletecism? Is it work ethic?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #30
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Do the coaches make any "suggestions" as to who they SHOULD interview? Do they ever deny a request for a specific person (obviously freshmen are excluded up to a certain point as has been mentioned)?

Rubles seemed pretty comfortable up there but Shaq wasn't. I am sure that can be expected...but some youngsters have a lot to say and just like to hear themselves talk. I get the impression that is not ST. That's OK it was good to see him up there...I felt he deserved the spotlight. It gave me a little insight as to who ST is as a personality and those are moments I like as a fan whether they are reserved or outgoing.

Thanks for the info
I can only remember once for twice in seven plus years we were denied a player and it was injury related. Of course we requested Lance a lot during his year, but those were always shot down the first half of the season...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote