Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #51
New people

New people is on a distinguished road
Who cares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Weird to see that Kilpatrick is 6 years older than Troy Caupain.
All Freshmen BDAY

TC 11/29/1995 5yrs and 10mnts

KJ 06/11/1995 5yrs and 6mts

JL 02/03/1995 5yrs and 1mts

DM 02/26/1994 4yrs and 1mts

JS 02/25/1994 4yrs and 1mts

SK 01/06/1990

This is a mans game!
New people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
ill say it again... Kj will be a stud.

Mick was pisssed last night in his post game. Blasted SK.

Said he could talk all night without having a single good thing to say.
Right there with you on KJ. Mick was really pissed about the defensive effort. They almost out rebounded us, we let them shoot like 48%. Campbell got 1 more offensive rebound than us in the 2nd half. UC was a step behind in the 2nd half and you could tell they were half as*ing it. Mick is right on the money about boxing out. None of our guys do it on a consistent basis.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #53
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
I agree that our defensive rebounding needs a lot of work and is very poor at this point and time. Hopefully that will improve. But I thought our offensive rebounding seemed pretty good last night. When your FG% is 63%, there's not a whole lot of offensive rebounds to be had.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #54
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
when jj leaped into the stands last night he was holding his hand like he hurt it or something, I really hope i was nothing serious....
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #55
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
when jj leaped into the stands last night he was holding his hand like he hurt it or something, I really hope i was nothing serious....
Doubt it. He went over to the announcer's table right after the game ended and apologized for the spill (according to the ESPN3 guys). If his injury was even remotely serious, I doubt he would be in that jovial of a mood.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #56
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Doubt it. He went over to the announcer's table right after the game ended and apologized for the spill (according to the ESPN3 guys). If his injury was even remotely serious, I doubt he would be in that jovial of a mood.
he said, he jammed his thumb a little. Nothing serious.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #57
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
ill say it again... Kj will be a stud.

Mick was pisssed last night in his post game. Blasted SK.

Said he could talk all night without having a single good thing to say.
I agree about KJ. If Mormon is as good as Johnson we are going to be in good shape for the future. His shooting will get much better. Heck it's already gone from 0% to 16% in no time at all Cronin said before the season that Johnson was our best shooter of the frosh...I believe him. He just has to get use to the speed of D1.

I am very pleased with the freshmen class so far and we have yet to see two of the 5. From what we heard about Mormon in preseason I am pretty sure I will be impressed with him. Strickland is still a bit of a ? but even if we get great production out of 4 of the 5 it will still be a successful class.

Lawrence still has some adjusting to do as well but he's catching on pretty quick. It looks like he has dead hands at times when receiving a pass but he's probably use to not being defended as well as he is now. He will start to realize this and be in a better position in the future.

Our games will get tougher and we will probably see a slight drop in production from our vets in those games...but our frosh will be that much further along so we might even expect them to produce just as well or maybe even better than they have. It's all good right now IMO.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #58
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
I agree that our defensive rebounding needs a lot of work and is very poor at this point and time. Hopefully that will improve. But I thought our offensive rebounding seemed pretty good last night. When your FG% is 63%, there's not a whole lot of offensive rebounds to be had.
Good point.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote