Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Bearcat Talk Board

Can I just say I think this is the best BB board for UC BB on the net? I think the reason is because it has less restrictions on what you can or can't say without getting booted. Sure there are going to be trolls at times but there seems to be very few here. Sometimes trolls even add a little excitement to a conversation. If I were running a site I would welcome trolls to a certain extent and give them longer leashes before booting them. They have a tendency to get lots of responses because of their confrontational nature. A forum's worth is based partially on the amount of patronage. I also understand too many trolls will be a turn off.

I would prefer it also become the best FB board but right now it seems this site is behind another site and I am not sure why this is the case. There is MUCH more BB chatter here and MUCH less FB chatter. How does this happen?

I would like to know where we (UC) rank on "chatter" in BB or FB compared to other schools. I have a gut feeling we are low compared to the amount of success we have had recently in FB and our great BB history. I understand our school has to compete with other nearby schools and pro teams...but I would still like to know how often we post comments compared to other teams. Any idea on how we rank?

Last edited by waterhead; 11-23-2013 at 10:45 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
Yes. I have always thought this board has as much actual basketball content as anything out there for the Bearcats. Differing opinions, but educated basketball fans that actually watch this team game in and game out.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote