Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #531
Nasty Nati 513

Nasty Nati 513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Who knows who we are actively recruiting anymore but names of players that we were looking at or involved with are
Payne
Stevenson
Gak
Martins
Davis
Foreman
Palmer
What are the first names of Payne and Palmer? Thanks.
Nasty Nati 513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #532
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nati 513 View Post
What are the first names of Payne and Palmer? Thanks.
James Palmer was a 4star guard out of HS and University of Miami transfer. believe he has to sit out.

Devontavious Payne is a Juco SG who received 2nd team all Juco averaging 21.6 PPG

http://thesouthern.com/sports/basket...193a238c8.html
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #533
BearcatDan

BearcatDan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nati 513 View Post
So who is UC actively recruiting to potentially fill the 2 remaining scholarships?

Transfers - Martin twins
JUCOs - Devin Davis and Niem Stevenson

Anyone else?

Would love a big that could play in 2016 for depth. Davis would be nice.
Big man Iran Bennett is still being pursued! He would be great addition
BearcatDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #534
coachpipe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatDan View Post
Big man Iran Bennett is still being pursued! He would be great addition
The last time I saw us mentioned regarding Bennett it was 2014. Do you have anything recent? And that guy is huge. If Deberry had a hard time finding PT bc of foot speed and defense. I have a hard time thinking he would find time on the court
Old 04-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #535
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Hypothetically, if the Martin twins want to come here, would you guys want them at this point (assuming they have to sit out next year)? Obviously they are good players that would help the team in the future. The downside is that with Broome committed and sitting out a year, if the Martin twins commit then we are out of scholarships to improve next year's team with.

It seems like the Martins are better than anyone else we can bring in right now, but is it worth next year's squad having a short bench? I'm torn.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #536
coachpipe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post
Hypothetically, if the Martin twins want to come here, would you guys want them at this point (assuming they have to sit out next year)? Obviously they are good players that would help the team in the future. The downside is that with Broome committed and sitting out a year, if the Martin twins commit then we are out of scholarships to improve next year's team with.

It seems like the Martins are better than anyone else we can bring in right now, but is it worth next year's squad having a short bench? I'm torn.
I cant see us taking them. We still need help for next years roster and I dont see anyone we have now leaving.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #537
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
I cant see us taking them. We still need help for next years roster and I dont see anyone we have now leaving.
I have always assumed the Martin twins were a package deal but have they come out and said they are for sure transferring to the same school? I guess it is a possibility that we could land just one and still get a big.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #538
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Has the ship sailed that the twins could be eligible next season?
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #539
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
Has the ship sailed that the twins could be eligible next season?
I think that was an imaginary ship from the get go.

There was a poster who has mentioned reports of the family being confident they'd be grad transfers, but those don't seem to exist. Or at least each time I've asked for a link to them the poster has disappeared.

The only comment I've seen about them being grad transfers was from their step dad shortly after they announced they'd be transferring.

He called it a remote possibility and said it is very likely they'd have to sit out.

I posted the article earlier in this thread.
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:30 PM   #540
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
I think that was an imaginary ship from the get go.

There was a poster who has mentioned reports of the family being confident they'd be grad transfers, but those don't seem to exist. Or at least each time I've asked for a link to them the poster has disappeared.

The only comment I've seen about them being grad transfers was from their step dad shortly after they announced they'd be transferring.

He called it a remote possibility and said it is very likely they'd have to sit out.

I posted the article earlier in this thread.
Since you have zero balls to state my username in your post I will do it for you. Sorry I can't jump on your request as soon as you ask considering I work 60 hours a week and have a family. Both of which are 1,000 times more important than posting a damn link. But since you asked I found the info on @ACCnow twitter page. You wanna find the tweet have at it.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote