Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-30-2019, 12:39 PM   #421
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
The longer we go without seeing another name in the transfer portal the better I feel about Johnson. Not hearing much news about Curtis seems like a positive sign too. Not sure how long they can go without putting their name out there if they wanted to.

If we can keep Scott, Williams, Johnson, Curtis...and if Cumberland comes back I will be very excited! Again, I don't hold out much hope for Brooks...but keeping the rest would be huge for CJB. Especially if we can nab a transfer or two.

Locking them all down would be a major coup. Oh to be a fly on the wall in Brannen's office right now. No news is probably good news right now.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #422
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Thats a dreadful comparison though.

WSU had a complete rebuild. This years WSU team will be 2-3x better than last year. I mean, they had like 11 new players.

You can't play in the big dance if you don't win your league or at least compete for a league title.

I 100% expect John Brannen to make the tourney every single year without exception. Thats a bare minimum to match Cronin. And then I expect a sweet 16 every 3 years.

So In 9 years, I expect 9 tourney births, 3 sweet 16's and multiple guys drafted.,

People have said thats what we deserve so its what i will expect.
That was your comparison not mine. You said Wright State won with defense but their defense wasn't much better unless I am missing something
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #423
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Check out Samari's Instagram page in his story. samari_41. He polls people on which number he should pick, 15 or 25, and then somebody he tags says: Samari Curtis University of Cincinnati Class of 2023.

I'll take that as a good sign!!!
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #424
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You realize that he went on Standby because of the contract dispute. Bohn made a terrible offer and then didn't want to meet Mick's not so crazy demands.

Cronin wasn't Bohn's guy. He couldn't fire him but he absolutely did nothing to try and keep him. Nothing

mick was trying to get out of here when the offseason started, thats what the whole decoursey bullcrap article was about. he got his buddy to write him a nice fluff piece without even attempting to reach out to the school.

im sure bohn appreciated that like any like boss would.

cronin doesn't fit in with what bohn wants from his coaches. accountable guys with class. mick blamed everybody else and came off like a whiner crybaby on tv. it was a real nice parting shot to jenifer and broome to say "obviously they're not the most talented players in the world. Cane got recruited by Sacred Heart, Justin is my size. When I'm hugging guys that are almost my size, it tells you."

its going to be nice to hear a coach that doesn't talk about his players like that, and nice to have a coach that doesn't complain the teams he has to play in the tournament are too good, and nice to have a coach that won't try to fight the JP Macura's of the world for being mean to them in the hand shake line.

all of that crap was embarrassing and im glad its gone. he's lucky he wasn't at UCLA when he tried to fight another teams player, the media would have crucified him.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:05 PM   #425
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
justin all the jackass rambling in the world on this board isn't going to change the situation. Wait and see what happens in season play before commenting on Bohn's good or bad choice of action.

Something every college hoops fan should understand: It's going to take a coach at least a year to get recruiting in place and a couple years to get a team that's working in the best direction of what he wants. That's reality for almost any college program.

I think they can make the tournament with the players we thought would be back, but if that changes it's not on Brannen that they chose to leave. But it's college kids playing college hoops: not the end of the world.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #426
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I 100% expect John Brannen to make the tourney every single year without exception. Thats a bare minimum to match Cronin. And then I expect a sweet 16 every 3 years.

So In 9 years, I expect 9 tourney births, 3 sweet 16's and multiple guys drafted.,

People have said thats what we deserve so its what i will expect.

nobody that is intelligent guaranteed any of that. people have said this program is capable of doing things like that.

but you didn't even want us to hire anybody this year, you thought we should go a year with no coach.

you thought mick was so amazing that none of the mid major coaches left were even worth giving a shot. you'd prefer no recruiting or anything for 2 years, and now you're complaining about how slow things are going.

it's hilarious.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:11 PM   #427
Cpaw

Cpaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
Check out Samari's Instagram page in his story. samari_41. He polls people on which number he should pick, 15 or 25, and then somebody he tags says: Samari Curtis University of Cincinnati Class of 2023.

I'll take that as a good sign!!!
Look at his story on IG also, last one is 2 hours ago and someone saying "Samari Curtis, University of Cincinnati Class of 2023" then dunking on a short rim.

I take this as a follow through on his commitment!
Made my day!
Cpaw

Fortune Favors the Bold

Last edited by Cpaw; 04-30-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Cpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:14 PM   #428
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpaw View Post
Look at his story on IG also, last one is 2 hours ago and someone saying "Samari Curtis, University of Cincinnati Class of 2023" then dunking on a short rim.

I take this as a follow through on his commitment!
Made my day!
Cpaw

Pretty sure that wasn't him saying it. Maybe one of his friends, but nonetheless, a good sign.
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:16 PM   #429
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Yep, I'm thinking Curtis is gonna see this through. I guess we have to sweat for one more month to be sure.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #430
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
That was your comparison not mine. You said Wright State won with defense but their defense wasn't much better unless I am missing something
Lolol my bad.

When you said WSU I thought you meant Wichita state

I confused myself
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote