Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #1841
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I wonder how long you’ll continue to bash Cronin after he is gone. Bet he kills it at UCLA, recruiting was the only place he struggled, UCLA recruits itself. Just drop the hate already, it’s super old

forever just for you
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:06 PM   #1842
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I wonder how long you’ll continue to bash Cronin after he is gone. Bet he kills it at UCLA, recruiting was the only place he struggled, UCLA recruits itself. Just drop the hate already, it’s super old
Recruiting and offense and not making excuses
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:16 PM   #1843
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Cronin a Star?

He's certainly getting a lot more pub.....Here's a link to ESPN story

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ust-basketball
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #1844
Vanhoop

Vanhoop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kansas and Xavier backed off Harvey??? Not what a recruiting insider just said on the radio...Gonzaga still wanted him also. Baggage I'll take it when it was the girl he was dating sent him some nude pics. He was 16 she was 15. Not a big deal to me or USA basketball apparently. Great job Brannen and sorry Xavier!
Vanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:38 PM   #1845
CinciSportsFan

CinciSportsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanhoop View Post
Kansas and Xavier backed off Harvey??? Not what a recruiting insider just said on the radio...Gonzaga still wanted him also. Baggage I'll take it when it was the girl he was dating sent him some nude pics. He was 16 she was 15. Not a big deal to me or USA basketball apparently. Great job Brannen and sorry Xavier!
The little information I have seen on X is that they wanted him to commit months ago and he decided on prep school and to reclassify to 2020. After that interest faded over time especially with whatever issue that is keeping him out of prep school.
CinciSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:45 PM   #1846
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciSportsFan View Post
The little information I have seen on X is that they wanted him to commit months ago and he decided on prep school and to reclassify to 2020. After that interest faded over time especially with whatever issue that is keeping him out of prep school.
What was keeping him out of prep school ?
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #1847
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
yea X wanted him but was he 100 percent ready to sign with them.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:01 PM   #1848
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I used to be a huge Mick fan. Still to this day I wish he had gotten UC to the promise land and would have retired here. However, as time went on he started to wear on me. That said, when he moved on I was wishing him the best and very optimistic on Brannen. But to see what Brannen has been able to do in such a short time does make me wonder if Mick had given up (or maybe just stopped trying as hard) or if we were getting his best. In two month's Brannen has put together a better 2019 class than Mick did (the 2019 class for Mick was flat out awful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
He's certainly getting a lot more pub.....Here's a link to ESPN story

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ust-basketball
I wish Mick would get a communications coach. This article wasn't his worse but the shit he says is just ridiculous at times. If the only thing that drives him is his daughter knowing she loves him, why take the job? And to say that his name would be on the court (instead of Ed Jucker's) if he had stayed is laughable. The man is so insecure.

I do think he is a good guy, so I hope he is able to have success, but I think he might have a hard time recruiting there. Yes, they are blue blood, but they also have to beat out the other blue bloods for those recruits and I don't think he can go up against Calipari, Mike K, Roy, etc. for recruits. Unless location plays a huge factor I don't see him getting the 5* recruits that he needs.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:05 PM   #1849
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Yeah if only he could have recruited and coached well in the tournament he would have been awesome. Yawn.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:58 PM   #1850
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
he wasn't and mick just said that recently.

HE couldn't recruit here. That doesn't mean you can't recuit here.
Cincrulz one My favorite posters. But I clearly remember people saying he was number 43. I didn’t specifically read it. But others were saying it and, I took it as accepted .
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote