Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
https://theathletic.com/2407431/2021...andel-mailbag/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ment-look-like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/herospo...rger-ahah/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...appen.amp.html

https://bellyupsports.com/2020/12/co...e-realignment/

https://bigredlouie.com/2020/07/05/l...pansion/amp/5/

Okay I’m done but as you see literally every article I found that mentions teams by name not only included Cincinnati but named them as the most likely. Such a pipe dream huh lmao
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #12
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Where did anyone say we would have made the playoffs? I'm pretty sure we all knew the writing was on the while when they first came out and had A&M and Florida over us.

A P5 conference is definitely a possiblity for UC in the future. Is it guaranteed to happen? Of course not. But we have as strong a chance as any of G5 out there.

With conferences tv deals due to expire and the constantly reshuffling we see every few years, only an idiot wouldn't at least consider the possibility of us joining one again. (Key word: Again. You do know we already were in a P%, right?)

PS The name calling and personal shots are totally unnecessary.
Your boy Jon r is big with the name calling, it trickled over.

I understand we joined a power conference that quickly realized it was the most fragile of them all. In that time all the other notable schools were poached other than UConn. Why not us? What has changed since then? Didn’t we finish the regular season #3 and still couldn’t get an invite?

Why is now different?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #13
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Maybe you should evaluate what you’re reading. If uc were to get in a better conference that would be a great day. As it stands we add nothing, the big 12 came to this conclusion. The acc picked Louisville. The big 10 will never let us in. Sec... maybe, but ky is pretty close.

Do you really believe conferences will kick out members?
ACC has another open spot to get to 16, bug 12 said they wouldn’t be adding any at the moment, not ever. And why wouldn’t the SEC want to add the recruiting ground of Ohio to their conference? We are the 4/5 best highschool football state in the country. And we would make a great geographical rival for UK. I think OSU will do whatever they can to keep us out of the Big Ten but the rest could easily overrule them it would help cut some of Ohio Sts in state recruiting ability.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #14
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Your boy John is big with the name calling, it trickled over.

I understand we joined a power conference that quickly realized it was the most fragile of them all. In that time all the other notable schools were poached other than UConn. Why not us? What has changed since then? Didn’t we finish the regular season #3 and still couldn’t get an invite?

Why is now different?
I called you a name cause you trashed the man who brought our program back to relevance and an entire half of the city. Well deserved
Old 03-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #15
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe you should evaluate what you’re reading. If uc were to get in a better conference that would be a great day. As it stands we add nothing, the big 12 came to this conclusion. The acc picked Louisville. The big 10 will never let us in. Sec... maybe, but ky is pretty close.

Do you really believe conferences will kick out members?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

I'm out. Have a good one, dude.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:43 PM   #16
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
ACC has another open spot to get to 16, bug 12 said they wouldn’t be adding any at the moment, not ever. And why wouldn’t the SEC want to add the recruiting ground of Ohio to their conference? We are the 4/5 best highschool football state in the country. And we would make a great geographical rival for UK. I think OSU will do whatever they can to keep us out of the Big Ten but the rest could easily overrule them it would help cut some of Ohio Sts in state recruiting ability.
Don’t you think ky feels the same about us as osu. Ky basketball already has permeated the cincy area.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:43 PM   #17
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

I don’t see how you think we add nothing, we are a top ten basketball program of all time, we are a top ten football team at this very moment, and I guarantee you Fickell doesn’t go anywhere if we get an invite into a power 5 in 2 years
Old 03-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #18
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Don’t you think ky feels the same about us as osu. Ky basketball already has permeated the cincy area.
Again, that’s one school, I’m pretty sure it works on a majority rules. And you don’t think they would love a rivalry like that? A game a little over an hour away, they only have one other school that’s even close to them
Old 03-27-2021, 05:46 PM   #19
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I don’t see how you think we add nothing, we are a top ten basketball program of all time, we are a top ten football team at this very moment, and I guarantee you Fickell doesn’t go anywhere if we get an invite into a power 5 in 2 years
Then why didn’t the acc take us? Why didn’t the big 12? Your argument doesn’t make sense. We may be the best of the g5 but what about uc will get us the invite? Do we add that many dollars? What drives the expansion?
Old 03-27-2021, 05:50 PM   #20
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then why didn’t the acc take us? Why didn’t the big 12? Your argument doesn’t make sense. We may be the best of the g5 but what about uc will get us the invite? Do we add that many dollars? What drives the expansion?
Why do we always come up on top of the list?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote