Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #91
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
How about anybody at this point. **** I'd be happy with Bulldog on the bench right now. Recruiting season is about to start and we don't even have a coaching staff or roster. **** me
I thought Travis Steele handled his hires fast and quick and also picked guys who had deep recruiting ties to a certain region,

Now they have a top 20 class.

We need to make a splash with at least one assistant. I have zero desire to make UC NKU 2.0 and him keep his same staff
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:56 PM   #92
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I thought Travis Steele handled his hires fast and quick and also picked guys who had deep recruiting ties to a certain region,

Now they have a top 20 class.

We need to make a splash with at least one assistant. I have zero desire to make UC NKU 2.0 and him keep his same staff
One recruiter from a good region. One top NKU assistant who knows the system. Maybe One former UC player. Then fill it in.

We have time...no need to rush hire. Brannen can reach out to recruits right now. Getting the right people in place is what we want. If we miss out on a few recruits so be it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:56 PM   #93
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
In the meantime....Fickell just landed another stud in Deshawn Pace. He is killing it on the local recruiting trail.
Would love to see a Brennen and Fickell run !!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #94
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Pretty sure you need to take a deep breath and not take this game so seriously. I mean.... bulldog, wow
I know, I retract my previous statement. Things will never be that bad...

Last edited by TheRealUC; 04-20-2019 at 04:19 PM.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #95
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Everyone should just relax. TheLegend has submitted his application via the UC job posting webpage. I expect a call from UC athletics at any moment.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #96
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Everyone should just relax. TheLegend has submitted his application via the UC job posting webpage. I expect a call from UC athletics at any moment.
The university of Cincinnati would like to thank you for submitting your resume. However, we do not recognize “4/20 enthusiast” with two winky faces as “skill set you guys need on the roaching staff”. We do however share your viewpoint that “Roach JB will light it up” and that Xavier girls “are better suited for radio”.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #97
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
I just want to see teams that can win in March...that know how to adjust when the system is not matching up well against a particular opponent or in a particular game. I don't care if they play smash mouth or dance around the court in rainbow unicorn tutus as long as they win
Haha ok 🤔... I want to see them win too
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #98
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Just because someone is an assistant in the NBA does not mean they are a better coach than assistant in college. NBA is a different game (no zones etc.). It would be a down grade in terms of money, not in Xs & Os, recruiting, work ethic, camaraderie etc.
So let's just discredit the NBA, where the pros play I mean, where you have a CAREER where you RETIRE. That is where these kids are aspiring to go.. It's harder coaching grown men I personally think, challenges of that certainly helps with younger men. Like I've said before recuriting is nothing than being personable and selling a program pretty cut and dry, everyone has ties some the same ties hence some ties don't even matter really but to the aspect of getting a foot in the door.. With most recruits being associated to UC should Garner respect. Cronin seemed more focused on his guys, he did try for splashes here and there... Hopefully Brannnen can get some solid guys in here to help. He doesn't seem like the winning personality type tbh, maybe great at X's and O's but you still need talent there's a package to being a coach.. he's gotta make the right moves n no we can't have an NKU overhaul this is UC we really should be and shouldn't be trying to get in a major conference at least as far as b-ball is concerned
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:50 PM   #99
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
After the Pat Kelsey fiasco today Shumate is probably back in play for NKU. Hurts Brannen's staff if Shumate gets the job now.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:02 PM   #100
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
After the Pat Kelsey fiasco today Shumate is probably back in play for NKU. Hurts Brannen's staff if Shumate gets the job now.
Well that sucks
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote