Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-06-2020, 07:23 AM   #41
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Ok, the league was good. Justin just posted the league was worse. Maybe he’s lying. Wouldn’t surprise me.
It’s absolutely clear the league was worse and that mick Cronin only dominates a awful low major league.

I mean nothing could make this clearer by the fact that he is tied for first in 32nd worst league in basketball at UCLA.

The year he finished tied for 4th in the Big East, it was only a 9 bid league that year. Very weak. Embarrassing.

To me a horizon league tourney championship is the kinda thing that should be celebrated. Not this AAC crap. I mean who would ever want a Coach who wins the regular season title and the conference title in the same year. That’s wrong. Pick one dude. Either win one and lost the other or move on. I hate stingy coaches.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:45 AM   #42
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
It’s absolutely clear the league was worse and that mick Cronin only dominates a awful low major league.

I mean nothing could make this clearer by the fact that he is tied for first in 32nd worst league in basketball at UCLA.

The year he finished tied for 4th in the Big East, it was only a 9 bid league that year. Very weak. Embarrassing.

To me a horizon league tourney championship is the kinda thing that should be celebrated. Not this AAC crap. I mean who would ever want a Coach who wins the regular season title and the conference title in the same year. That’s wrong. Pick one dude. Either win one and lost the other or move on. I hate stingy coaches.
I wasn’t even trying to put mick down. You can only dominate the league you’re in. Said the same with brannen in the horizon. Just pointing to the fact that the league wasn’t as good. Which you stating. Not sure what the argument is but get mad I guess.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:49 AM   #43
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I’ve also stated micks a good coach and that I was for him staying at the time he left. Sorry I didn’t cry when he left
Old 03-06-2020, 07:49 AM   #44
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
I love how a thread about "Potential Grad Transfers" for next year turns into a Cronin vs Brannen pissing match just like every other thread that is made.... This forum seriously sucks now because of about 4 people. I am not really sure what Mick Cronin has to do with Grad Transfers at UC for the 2020-2021 season
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #45
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
Better yes, down a level, drastic view.
He likes to troll for some reason. It's clear he chooses words designed to elicit as much of reaction as he can get. And obviously he likes to use X and UCLA a lot to double the impact.

But there are two sides to this coin. Defensively there is virtually no difference between the two conferences...very very slight. It is the same level for sure.

Offensively I think the BE is quite a bit better. I don't think any transfer is going to come in and find it easy to play offense in our conference compared to the BE. They might get abused a little more on D though...but again...this is not a huge gap and would probably not be noticeable on the individual player level. It would be more obvious from a team standpoint though.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:09 AM   #46
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He likes to troll for some reason. It's clear he chooses words designed to elicit as much of reaction as he can get. And obviously he likes to use X and UCLA a lot to double the impact.

But there are two sides to this coin. Defensively there is virtually no difference between the two conferences...very very slight. It is the same level for sure.

Offensively I think the BE is quite a bit better. I don't think any transfer is going to come in and find it easy to play offense in our conference compared to the BE. They might get abused a little more on D though...but again...this is not a huge gap and would probably not be noticeable on the individual player level. It would be more obvious from a team standpoint though.

I’m not trolling.

I think the big East is up a level.

We have no one on our direct Level.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #47
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
I agree, NBA has it's share of Vogt's
The NBA has no one even close to the lack of athleticism of Vogt. Not only that, but guys who don't shoot don't have much value either.

Udoka Azubuike is basically what Vogt would be if Vogt were 3 times more athletic, he is projected as a second round pick because he can't shoot the ball.

Luka Garza is what Vogt would be if he were stronger and could shoot the ball from anywhere on the court. He is projected as a second round pick to undrafted because of his lack of athleticism.

There are some big white guys in the NBA, but that doesn't mean that they lack athleticism and shooting ability like Vogt does.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #48
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
you guys made me agree with skyblade and im really not happy about it
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #49
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
you guys made me agree with skyblade and im really not happy about it
Me too, Vogt isn’t nba anything. I could see him improve a couple things, being physical, passing out of double teams, foot work, but he’s ceiling isn’t much higher. Having said that, I’m glad we have him. He gave us a solid year so far and is a great teammate.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #50
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Boban Marjanovic?
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote