Unless Lyons left, I'd put money down they're over .500
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Oriakhi is visiting X? No offense but that sounds really random. I'd be stunned if he ended up there.
I would, too. But you never know. The guy wants playing time- Xavier can offer that and he knows X will be in the tournament next season. Not so sure about st. Johns. I don't think it would be a bad situation for him as he would be a key part of the team- and with him, Lyons, and Dez- Xavier could make a small run in the tournament but I would be surprised if decides on Xavier.

Regardless, I am hoping Dez spends some time in the gym with Mark over summer- those two could carry X to the tournament.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph

Last edited by DontMissHim; 03-24-2012 at 12:36 PM.
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Rumors are Duke is also interested, Oriakhi is a career under achiever but former 5 star recruits aren't available for transfer whenever you want. He'll probably have his pick of schools across the nation, under achieving big men are always desired.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Xavier will be .500 next year or worse
They're still in the A-10, they'll be over .500. It's interesting because I was having a similar conversation with a X fan and alum the other day about how making the sweet 16 this year could hurt X in the long run because it will mean Mack stays around a little longer. There won't be much talk about getting rid of a guy that's gone to the sweet 16 2 out of 3 years.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
DontMissHim
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
There won't be much talk about getting rid of a guy that's gone to the sweet 16 2 out of 3 years.
And there shouldn't be. While I questioned his coaching at times (most fan bases do) I can't argue with what he has done in the tournament. Still a young coach, he will have time to grow. But, I know what you mean- if for whatever reason he turns out to suck the next few years- for better or worse, he certainly bought himself more time with these past three seasons.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
Old 03-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
I do not expect UC to play XU next year. Mark Painter and Mick Cronin are black balling them from the schedule.
Why is that?
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #18
DontMissHim
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Why is that?
Can you believe the Ralph called UC a low-major? "Only mid-majors hang banners for sweet 16's" ...."UC hangs banners for tournament appearances, now" Pretty telling, IMO.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #19
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
Can you believe the Ralph called UC a low-major? "Only mid-majors hang banners for sweet 16's" ...."UC hangs banners for tournament appearances, now" Pretty telling, IMO.
Ignore Ralph. Please don't respond to him like he is the average UC fan. I believe only championships should be hung but that's just me. Again he is not the average fan...
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
Seems XU is the home of the dumb jock, all 4 of their incoming "freshman" failed to qualify academically to play from high school and have spent the year in "prep school". Seems to me half of Mack's recruiting classes have failed to play at X in the past.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote