Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #51
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
Actually, most of the Xavier fans I know wanted to drop UC the past few years, lose lose situation that UC was facing in the late 90's for Xavier. Nothing would be better then UC forcing to stop the rivalry after a 23 point beat down.
X needs to clean up their morally bankrupt basketball program. UC does not want to associate with a locker room full of gangstas.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #52
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Actually, most of the Xavier fans I know wanted to drop UC the past few years, lose lose situation that UC was facing in the late 90's for Xavier. Nothing would be better then UC forcing to stop the rivalry after a 23 point beat down.
I find this very hard to believe. Seems like one of those comments you cant wait to throw back at some UC fans that used it in the 90's. No one believes that.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #53
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:
Chris Mack has no integrity.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #54
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Maybe X can hang a banner for that. They need something impressive over there.
As The Ralph says- X is mid major because they hang banners for sweet 16 appearances!

But, he also said UC hangs banners for making the NCAA tournament. What does that make UC? A Low-Major?

I Didn't say it- The Ralph did.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #55
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As The Ralph says- X is mid major because they hang banners for sweet 16 appearances!

But, he also said UC hangs banners for making the NCAA tournament. What does that make UC? A Low-Major?

Call them whatever you or ralph or whoever want...just be sure to put the two nat championships next to it.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #56
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:

Wrong, you have misquoted me, I stated UC hangs banners for WINNING THE NCAA TOURNAMENT! TWO OF THEM! UC National Champions! XU National Chumps.

Last edited by ralph1950; 04-18-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #57
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Have you noticed that in your effort to point out Ralph's hypocrisy you've actually become the biggest troll on this site?

Have you even paid attention to the fact that you have posted, for the most part, nothing but static and clutter since before the Crosstown Shootout?

There is a place for trash talk. Its place is not every thread on this forum. Act your age, leave, or be banned.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #58
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Here comes the lame championship in the 60's comments. Then UC fans say we have 6 Final Fours. Xavier fans will descredit that.

Both are wrong IMO. UC tradition means something. Look at Indiana/UK/UofL and anyone else. It isnt nearly as relevent as most Cincinnati fans make it out to be though. But until X gets one they will hear about it.

I actually think Ralph has room for smack talk there as it happened in his lifetime. He actually remembers it. Not a slam at all btw. If UC wins it all next year I will be talking about it when im 70.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #59
more cowbell

more cowbell is on a distinguished road
Question to UC Fans

Is it better to be relevant now or to be relevant 50 years ago?

If your claim to fame is 2 tournament titles in 1961 and 1962 (a year before a tough Loyola team won it and three years before UTEP did) are you really a successful basketball program?

Maybe Mick will turn things around, but you have been to 2 sweet 16s in the last 15 years. I am a UC fan, but i get tired of hearing about the NCAA championships.
more cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #60
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by more cowbell View Post
Is it better to be relevant now or to be relevant 50 years ago?

If your claim to fame is 2 tournament titles in 1961 and 1962 (a year before a tough Loyola team won it and three years before UTEP did) are you really a successful basketball program?

Maybe Mick will turn things around, but you have been to 2 sweet 16s in the last 15 years. I am a UC fan, but i get tired of hearing about the NCAA championships.
Most of your posts scream XU fan.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote