Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #41
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Neither Guyn or a big guy would leave. I think the most likely scenario is that one of the recruits doesn't make it to campus and either preps or just de-commits all together. Unfortunately, that looks like it could be Morman at this point...who could easily become the next Dion Dixon.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #42
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
You're a real optimist. He's 7'1", but you won't see him on Dancing with the Stars. He doesn't move except to vacate his defensive post and not return. What makes him better than Gaines? Nothing!
At least Kelvin leaves the ground occasionally. Teach him.
Gaines has had 3 years to develop, but David only has had less than a year. Gaines has played basketball all his life, David just started a few years back. Gaines has lived in this country his whole life, David just 2-3 years. Can't make that comparison...........
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #43
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Gaines has had 3 years to develop, but David only has had less than a year. Gaines has played basketball all his life, David just started a few years back. Gaines has lived in this country his whole life, David just 2-3 years. Can't make that comparison...........
The point is: neither has any potential within the time frame before retirement to help this team in any significant way. Both are expendable, but Mick isn't going to yank their free ride out from under them. So we're stuck. Who's going to play 5? A new guy, hopefully.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #44
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone listen to Mick's radio show? He stated that Gaines is close to graduating and needs to make a decision on basketball. If I go by this thread everyone on the team is ready to leave a team that has made the NCAA tournament 3 years in a row.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #45
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
The answer to the question who plays the post next year is not currently on this team. Narsuk and Gaines are subs at best.With the eligibilty they have left it is not enough time to turn them into viable big men. hopefully Strickland comes in and provides a up grade.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #46
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
Does anyone listen to Mick's radio show? He stated that Gaines is close to graduating and needs to make a decision on basketball. If I go by this thread everyone on the team is ready to leave a team that has made the NCAA tournament 3 years in a row.
I listened to the show and someone at the Montgomery Inn asked a question about Gaines. MC said that he is a smart kid, close to graduating, but has to decide this offseason whether he wants to dedicate himself to basketball. He is at a crossroad, and has to decide if he wants to continue to play at this level. I took it to mean that he is the most likely player to be off scholarship if one is necessary. It would be a mutual decision, as if he does not want to immerse himself into getting better, he may not be playing at level (high major Div 1) conducive to his ability.

Last edited by anbuc88; 03-15-2013 at 09:07 AM.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #47
jrich0323

jrich0323 is on a distinguished road
Yeah whoever said they could see Shaq transferring is laughable. That kid isn't going anywhere. He's our future and is going to be playing LOTS for a big time program like UC.

Im actually extremely excited to finally get young players in here and see them develop. Great class coming in who are all quick and can really develop. Might go through some growing pains but also remember our schedule next year. Wont get pounded by the likes of Cuse, Gtown, etc...

SK isn't going anywhere lol
jrich0323 is offline   Reply With Quote