Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
NBA Draft

NBADraft.net updated their mocks today. They used to have SK leaving after this year and going early 2nd round, but now they've got him projected in the 2014 draft going early 2nd round. I know they probably haven't specifically talked to him about any of this, and the season is still young, but they're generally fairly accurate with their predictions.

Wouldn't put a lot of stock into it, but I like that they see him coming back for his Senior season.

They also don't have Cash being drafted at all, which I think is kind of crazy. Maybe just a mid-2nd round pick, but with the season he's having he should be somewhere.

Last edited by #BearcatNation; 01-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
NBADraft.net updated their mocks today. They used to have SK leaving after this year and going early 2nd round, but now they've got him projected in the 2014 draft going early 2nd round. I know they probably haven't specifically talked to him about any of this, and the season is still young, but they're generally fairly accurate with their predictions.

Wouldn't put a lot of stock into it, but I like that they see him coming back for his Senior season.

They also don't have Cash being drafted at all, which I think is kind of crazy. Maybe just a mid-2nd round pick, but with the season he's having he should be somewhere.

Cash=Russell Wilson of basketball.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post

Wouldn't put a lot of stock into it, but I like that they see him coming back for his Senior season. They also don't have Cash being drafted at all, which I think is kind of crazy. Maybe just a mid-2nd round pick, but with the season he's having he should be somewhere.
I didn't believe it last year but even though his scoring numbers are up this year any NBA scout that is worth their salt knows that SK is not NBA ready as of today. We've already discussed his flaws ad nausea so I don't need to go into that any more.

Cash is just too little and doesn't have the quickness (b/c of his knee issues) that the NBA requires. He's become a very good shooter but I think he would struggle mightily against the much much bigger NBA guards. Of course I don't mean any disrespect to him b/c he is a very good college player.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
cash not being in the line up is definitely going to help out sk scoring wise, with cash not playing I can see SK averaging 22 PPG
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I don't see any NBA-worthy players on UC this year or next year, unless of course Lawrence comes.

Has Mick produced an NBA player from UC yet?
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
I don't see any NBA-worthy players on UC this year or next year, unless of course Lawrence comes.

Has Mick produced an NBA player from UC yet?
Lance!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Lance!!!!!!
Yep. Forgot about him. And he's getting more playing time lately.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
He's a great example of why the rule should be changed-he should've gone straight from HS. The rule needs to be the baseball rule-go straight from HS if you want, but if you go to college, you must go for 2 years.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
He has started the majority of this year and has put up solid numbers. The Bird's project has started to payoff. Lance was really lucky to get drafted by the Pacers and have Larry Bird working with him hard.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Not that he's a Cronin product or anything but I recent noticed James White was picked up by the Knicks, his first season in the NBA since he played 4 games in '08/09. He's played in 26 games this year.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote