Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
If Kilpatrick stays...

...for his senior season, who would you dismiss from the team? My vote goes to Gaines. I just feel like he's provided too little. Of course there have been a few bright spots, but I'd rather give a shot with all 5 soon-to-be freshmen. They all seem to have a lot of talent that I don't want the team to miss out on. Gaines was never supposed to be good, and hasn't been anything special, so if we have better available talent, why keep him around? I understand it can be hard but things happen.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Can we save this thread for the offseason?

We have a national championship contending team. We are not cubs or eggsavior fans. We do not look to next year. This year is always the year
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
C I N C Y

C I N C Y is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
...for his senior season, who would you dismiss from the team? My vote goes to Gaines. I just feel like he's provided too little. Of course there have been a few bright spots, but I'd rather give a shot with all 5 soon-to-be freshmen. They all seem to have a lot of talent that I don't want the team to miss out on. Gaines was never supposed to be good, and hasn't been anything special, so if we have better available talent, why keep him around? I understand it can be hard but things happen.
Kilpatrick is not leaving.
C I N C Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Can we save this thread for the offseason?

We have a national championship contending team. We are not cubs or eggsavior fans. We do not look to next year. This year is always the year
So by that statement, you're saying we should never talk about recruits either, correct? Since that's technically next year.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C I N C Y View Post
Kilpatrick is not leaving.
Okay, well if that's the case, who is?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
I don't get the people who write the "if Killa stays" posts. Where do you think he's going to go? SK is NOT going to the NBA next year. If he spends time working on his game this off-season and comes back next year and has a strong season then maybe he's a late 2nd round pick. He has no ability to create for himself, he can't pass and he plays less than stellar defense. He's not a great athlete, which is what the NBA is all about these days. SK is a very good college basketball player but he doesn't fit the mold of NBA prospect.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

I didn't mean it in a sense that he's NBA ready, because I think he's far from it. But I do remember hearing a while back that he's got a kid to support (correct me if I'm wrong) and he wanted to start playing basketball for a paycheck ASAP.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I didn't mean it in a sense that he's NBA ready, because I think he's far from it. But I do remember hearing a while back that he's got a kid to support (correct me if I'm wrong) and he wanted to start playing basketball for a paycheck ASAP.
That may be true, I'm sure he'd like to be making money ASAP but the point I'm trying to make is I don't think it's his decision to make. In order to leave for the NBA that means someone has to draft you. There is no way that SK is going to get drafted by an NBA team and I doubt he'd leave early to play in Pakistan or Southern Iraq.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Really tough call on who would be the odd man out. I have no doubt that Cronin and his staff already had a plan in place. Whether it be someone leaving the program, someone paying their own way for a year and becoming a walk on, or having one of the incoming freshmen going the prep route for a year. I have no clue who goes but I am very excited to see Shaq Thomas and Jermaine Lawrence on the floor together next year. Crazy athleticism. Need both to provide some consistent scoring.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Really tough call on who would be the odd man out. I have no doubt that Cronin and his staff already had a plan in place. Whether it be someone leaving the program, someone paying their own way for a year and becoming a walk on, or having one of the incoming freshmen going the prep route for a year. I have no clue who goes but I am very excited to see Shaq Thomas and Jermaine Lawrence on the floor together next year. Crazy athleticism. Need both to provide some consistent scoring.
Jack, also looking forward to that but I think the key will be finding a PG out of the group. Can't see GeLawn being the man to run the offense. Hope one of the recruits has the ability. Also not sold on JDIII. Most reports I read on him indicated his lefthand was not up to par. We desperately need someone who can drive,dish and distribute. Oh, and if he is playing for Mick he better be able to guard.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote