Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #11
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
He's has the 3rd best 3-pt. percentage on the team shooting those flat shots. I think when he squares up and shoots a jumper on balance, he does well. I think he actually does worse on short range shots that require some strength at times. He misses an awful lot of those, many times because he is twisting and dipping and whatever. We all complain about his shot, but it really isn't that bad. If he had the strength to finish around the rim, his overall percentage would be a lot better.
Agree L-T. Shaq has all of the tools. He needs to get stronger and needs to be mentally tougher. Other than that he needs the desire/motor to get better like Hicks/KMart/SK did. He is only a Soph, still has 2.5 years.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #12
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Agree L-T. Shaq has all of the tools. He needs to get stronger and needs to be mentally tougher. Other than that he needs the desire/motor to get better like Hicks/KMart/SK did. He is only a Soph, still has 2.5 years.
I agree.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Shaq has a lot of potential but he currently has Darnell Wilks syndrome. Shaq needs to slow down when he is on the court. He is going 100 mph and it causes him to be out of control and he throws shots at the rim instead of actually shooting the ball. Once he adjusts his pace his % will go up.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
He's has the 3rd best 3-pt. percentage on the team shooting those flat shots. I think when he squares up and shoots a jumper on balance, he does well. I think he actually does worse on short range shots that require some strength at times. He misses an awful lot of those, many times because he is twisting and dipping and whatever. We all complain about his shot, but it really isn't that bad. If he had the strength to finish around the rim, his overall percentage would be a lot better.
I think we may be saying the same thing, form will take care of all those things you are speaking of along with slowing down, his shooting % would go up if he'd shoot with better form.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #15
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
For some reason Rutgers has always seemed to play us pretty tough. No doubt their players have some familiarity with ours but based on talent alone we should win this game.

I don't think it will be as easy as some expect and I could see this being more of an "ugly win" that Mick's teams have given us so many of over the years.

UC - 55
RU - 46
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
For some reason Rutgers has always seemed to play us pretty tough. No doubt their players have some familiarity with ours but based on talent alone we should win this game.

I don't think it will be as easy as some expect and I could see this being more of an "ugly win" that Mick's teams have given us so many of over the years.

UC - 55
RU - 46
UC always seems flat against Rutgers to me. Still believe UC wins by double digits.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #17
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
UC always seems flat against Rutgers to me. Still believe UC wins by double digits.
Crazy stuff has been happening all around us. So far, we've escaped the craziness. Over-confidence is a concern to me. This game looks like a slam dunk to me. It's for that very reason that I see a hard fought 7-pt. victory.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #18
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
We're not the kind of team that can afford to take anyone lightly. These are huge games for us. Have got to win the ones we are suposed to win. Cats need to come out Ballin.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #19
Shoemaker

Shoemaker is on a distinguished road
With Shaq, the kid can jump out of the gym, and my big thing I want to see is him to start consistently finishing those attempts at the rim like he should. He finished an and 1 in the Memphis game but missed one against Houston with what looked like minimal contact. I'd like to think with more game experience and building strength he will be able to do it. Hope I'm right.

Rutgers has battled but just seemed to have been on the wrong end of the scoreboard a lot this season. They've had a week to prepare for this game, let's see what they're made of. Maintain confidence and play Cincinnati basketball, and were looking at another W.

UC- 68
new jersey- 56
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #20
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
This could be a weird one. Take a look at the advanced stats comparison:

http://scarletball.com/rutgers-baske...ats/cincinnati

They are not that far off. The Cats should win but I'm in agreement with some of the other comments that Rutgers plays better than their record indicates. It wouldn't surprise me if they knocked off a top AAC team - Let's make sure it's not us.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote