Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #21
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
Anyone read P-doc today in the Enquirer? He mentioned, in reference to the x-gtown game, that he likes the new big east better due to more offense and being more entertaining. His claim isn't without merit, but there was something special about those big east slug fests, at least to me. Every shot mattered. The way I felt about the old big east was how I think SEC fans think about their brand of football - it's just better and no conference compares
Really, which new Big East teams have better offense than Syracuse and Louisville? Creighton, maybe, and that is simply because they have the NPOY on their team.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #22
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Who are you guys rooting for tonight in the UConn/Memphis game on ESPN at 7? I guess it doesn't matter too much if it all stays in the conference, but I'll be pulling for Memphis, just because we have a good quality road win against them. If they can remain a great team and finish top 15, that'd be huge for us.
I am rooting for UConn. First because I hate Memphis fans and second because it will give them two losses and UConn already has two losses. It would be nice to be up multiple games on both of them...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #23
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Really, which new Big East teams have better offense than Syracuse and Louisville? Creighton, maybe, and that is simply because they have the NPOY on their team.
Creighton has the #1 Adjusted offense according to KenPom (Syracuse is #8 and UofL is #28).

The New Big East has been a big disappointment IMO. You've got Georgetown and Marquette (who shared the BE title last year) as bubble teams. In the latest bracketology they've got 2 Villanova, 4 Creighton, 8 Xavier and 11 Georgetown. In comparison the American has 5 Cincinnati, 5 Memphis, 6 Louisville, 8 UConn and 11 Southern Methodist.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #24
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I am rooting for UConn. First because I hate Memphis fans and second because it will give them two losses and UConn already has two losses. It would be nice to be up multiple games on both of them...
NTS, I'm with you. I'm rooting for UCONN. Anything that improves our position in league standings is a good thing at this point. First goal is win the league. Everything else will take care of itself.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #25
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
You can use this link to compare scoring by season. There's only a half season sample size of the new little east. I think it was more scoring that daugherty was happy about. He's not an advanced metric person looking at points per possession, real fg efficiency, etc. I'm not a fan or defender of the this sham of a conference. the old and new version of this conference is to me the difference between the Rolling Stones and a Rolling Stones tribute band.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/conferences...ason=2013-2014
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #26
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Very good game between UConn and Memphis, Tigers up 40-39 at the half.

Louisville and Houston hasn't been as good of a game. Louisville has 57 points...in the first half. We only scored 61 over the whole game against them lol.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #27
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Very good game between UConn and Memphis, Tigers up 40-39 at the half.

Louisville and Houston hasn't been as good of a game. Louisville has 57 points...in the first half. We only scored 61 over the whole game against them lol.
84 - 46 with 3 and a half left....what a beat down!
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #28
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

YES! Memphis is going down. They really aren't as good as I thought. Very sloppy in key moments again...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #29
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
YES! Memphis is going down. They really aren't as good as I thought. Very sloppy in key moments again...
Not sure why you're pumped Memphis isn't as good as you thought. Yeah, the loss gives UC a bigger cushion, but that's our huge win so far...
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #30
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Not sure why you're pumped Memphis isn't as good as you thought. Yeah, the loss gives UC a bigger cushion, but that's our huge win so far...
Memphis fans...are hilarious when they lose. I love reading their board.