Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Officiating in the UL game

Obviously the refs were pretty terrible, but who do you think they favored? I remember watching the game and thinking there were so many terrible calls that went in favor of Louisville, and just a few that went in favor of us. Was I just being a homer? What did you guys think? I just went over to the Louisville forum on Scout.com and they are going NUTS about the refs, all saying they favored UC, some going as far as to say the "AAC refs won't let a team leaving the conference win it." Just curious if you guys saw what I saw what I saw. (Although damn near impossible, try to not be a homer lol, I want honest answers)
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
I was lurking on a Louisville board and some of the guys there thought Cincinnati was being favored. I don't think it really matters. The officiating crew was terrible either way.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:54 AM   #3
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
We definitely had a few calls that went our way. The most glaring I can remember was SK getting an and-1 on what should have been a foul on the floor.

Having said that, Louisville grabs and holds more than any defense I have seen this year. I thought the new rules were supposed to cut down on that. That didn't happen tonight. We turned it over a lot, but a lot of that was because of how much contact was allowed in their press, especially on out of bounds plays.

They also missed at least 3 travels on UL.

As UC fans we are going to notice the fouls that go against us more and Louisville fans will do the opposite obviously. But I look forward to a much closer whistle next game. That will GREATLY favor us.

"We could have shot 40 (free throws) if the game was called differently" - Mick in the postgame.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:24 AM   #4
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
My favorite part was Russ Smith "denying" SK the ball on our press break by basically bear hugging him... Then when SK would ward him off, Smith would immediately flop and Pitino would throw a fit. It happened like 3 or 4 separate times. It boggles my mind how a coach can complain like that when he knows his team is committing obvious fouls that aren't called.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:11 AM   #5
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
The rubles technical to me was ridiculous, if anyone should have gotten T'd it should have been Harrell, he instigated it and all rubles did was turn around, he didn't say anthing or make contact, that was also the call that got them back in the game.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:27 AM   #6
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
The t was a joke. Brought back memories of rasheed getting a T for staring and rubles did even less than that.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:44 AM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I was lurking on a Louisville board and some of the guys there thought Cincinnati was being favored. I don't think it really matters. The officiating crew was terrible either way.
I agree. They were just terrible. For majority of the game it felt they were favoring UL. They were def letting things go, like Harrell acting like an idiot, calling ticky tack stuff on us. But they started calling fouls on UL. Honestly UL fouled almost every possession. Their fans are a bunch of whiny *itches who can't take a loss.

Cronin said we would have to "win anyways". Regardless of poor officiating, UL runs and crowd noise. It didn't matter we would have to win anyways. He was right and thats some bad a*s words from a confident coach.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 AM   #8
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Russ smith flopped the whole game. Happy the refs didn't bite. But that T was a joke
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:01 AM   #9
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Russ smith flopped the whole game. Happy the refs didn't bite. But that T was a joke
Russ Smith took a page out of the Aaron Craft school of fake defense last night.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:59 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
The T was absolutely horrible. I had to step out for a few minutes and on the radio Chuck and Dan mentioned UL (Harrell) being warned for delaying the game by holding the ball or knocking it away and then Harrell pulled what he did with Rubles and Rubles gets T'd. Not to mention He hung on the rim twice. The T didn't get called till after Pitino spoke to the refs. Even worse to me was the review of SK and the so called "elbow" to Russ Smith two plays after the fact. Again, it took place after Pitino spoke to the refs.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote