Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2014, 07:21 AM   #11
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I do find it funny that people are pissed about Pitino trying to do what he could to help his team win.

The refs sucked. The coaches both did their jobs. Russ smith should have received a technical for embarrassing the game of basketball with his fouling/flopping strategy on the press.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #12
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I do find it funny that people are pissed about Pitino trying to do what he could to help his team win.

The refs sucked. The coaches both did their jobs. Russ smith should have received a technical for embarrassing the game of basketball with his fouling/flopping strategy on the press.
Rick was pissed at Russ. He said Russ lied to him saying SK hit him in the face and thats what knocked him down and they ended up waisting a timeout on it to get it checked.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #13
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post

I'm not pissed at Pitino. I was pissed at the refs.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #14
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
The T was absolutely horrible. I had to step out for a few minutes and on the radio Chuck and Dan mentioned UL (Harrell) being warned for delaying the game by holding the ball or knocking it away and then Harrell pulled what he did with Rubles and Rubles gets T'd. Not to mention He hung on the rim twice. The T didn't get called till after Pitino spoke to the refs. Even worse to me was the review of SK and the so called "elbow" to Russ Smith two plays after the fact. Again, it took place after Pitino spoke to the refs.
I was okay with that, it forced UL to take a timeout.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:36 AM   #15
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I'm not pissed at Pitino. I was pissed at the refs.
Yeah, not you. But look around. Lots of people are. But if he was our coach people would love what he does.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #16
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
The best was when Doris Burke said "if this were the NBA Russ Smith would be expecting about a $50,000 fine for this flopping"
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #17
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
The refs were pretty terrible in some cases but overall I didn't mind them too much. The technical on Rubles was a joke. That ref starting staring down Rubles and decided he was going to T him up 15 seconds before he did.

I did however like the fact that the refs let them play for the most part under the hoop. It was a physical game and I didn't feel like there were a lot of ticky tack fouls being called.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #18
DrCincyfan

DrCincyfan is on a distinguished road
Was at the game last night but the whole Rubles situation had me completely lost, I thought they had called a technical on Justin Jackson? Anyways the fact that Montrezl Harrell never got a technical for hanging on the rim or smacking the ball out of Rubles hands is absolutely ridiculous. Anyways with all the one sided calls we still came out on top, proud of this team for fighting through adversity!
DrCincyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 AM   #19
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Rick was pissed at Russ. He said Russ lied to him saying SK hit him in the face and thats what knocked him down and they ended up waisting a timeout on it to get it checked.
I wondered about that too. It's too easy to determine a flop on a review. I think he was made at him for fouling SK as well putting a clutch FT shooter at the line.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:36 AM   #20
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCincyfan View Post
Was at the game last night but the whole Rubles situation had me completely lost, I thought they had called a technical on Justin Jackson? Anyways the fact that Montrezl Harrell never got a technical for hanging on the rim or smacking the ball out of Rubles hands is absolutely ridiculous. Anyways with all the one sided calls we still came out on top, proud of this team for fighting through adversity!
Maybe Harrell and Pitino will be particular targets of interest for the crowd when L'ville comes to 5/3. Last time they were all over behanan.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote