Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #51
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Can't tell if you are agreeing or not. Just to clarify, I did not think he was great. Solid numbers but misses layups and gets block by the rim more than anyone. He does not seem to move well either. I just think he will struggle against bigger schools. I was big on Brooks as a freshman and even as a sophomore but he has not progressed like i thought. Think they would be better playing small most of the time. Especially with their switching defense
Back to back double doubles, despite competition that's good productivity
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #52
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
what
superior in athleticism. Not in play, but I think he will get there.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:54 PM   #53
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
superior in athleticism. Not in play, but I think he will get there.
Brooks has issues backing one average defender down for a score. Let alone an above average D1 player with above average help D ready to pounce. Clark could back down one guy and make another defender commit to determine if he wanted to pass the ball or keep going to the hoop. Washington rarely gave up the opportunity to score and was still hard to defend when the D knew he was taking the shot.

Our bigs aren’t good at either. I will be happy with controlling boards and defending the rim and scoring 8 easy points in the flow of the game. Under no circumstances can we put the ball in their hands in crucial situations.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #54
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Brooks has issues backing one average defender down for a score. Let alone an above average D1 player with above average help D ready to pounce. Clark could back down one guy and make another defender commit to determine if he wanted to pass the ball or keep going to the hoop. Washington rarely gave up the opportunity to score and was still hard to defend when the D knew he was taking the shot.

Our bigs aren’t good at either. I will be happy with controlling boards and defending the rim and scoring 8 easy points in the flow of the game. Under no circumstances can we put the ball in their hands in crucial situations.
If I'm the opposing team & know I really only have to defend 3 guys in a crucial situation, it makes my job pretty simple.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote