Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Wichita State game?
UC wins by 10+ 5 17.24%
UC wins by 7-9 9 31.03%
UC wins by 4-6 5 17.24%
UC wins by 1-3 3 10.34%
Wichita State wins 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #31
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
We need Evans to break out of his shooting slump.

Last 5 Games:
6-16 FG
4-12 FG
1-5 FG
2-8 FG
3-9 FG
Total 16-50 (32%)
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #32
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
8-3 against tier 1-2 teams away from home
So, we are the same team at home and away? This is what you are implying?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:23 PM   #33
UC86

UC86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
8-3 against tier 1-2 teams away from home
Also, 39-0 in the last 39 home games... I think it’s fair to say, we’re a different team at home.
UC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #34
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Personally I think if we win Sunday we’re a 2-3 seed and if we lose we’re a 4-5 seed

As for the conference tourney. I dunno about you guys but I’ll take the rest of winning a tourney that literally doesn’t count
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #35
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Personally I think if we win Sunday we’re a 2-3 seed and if we lose we’re a 4-5 seed

As for the conference tourney. I dunno about you guys but I’ll take the rest of winning a tourney that literally doesn’t count
We are not the sharpest coming into games after to long of a layoff. Need to at least get to conference championship game.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #36
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I think that's short-sighted. That's a very good accomplishment that our players can take with them forever. And if we win the regular season, it'd be awesome to do a victory lap in the tournament and sweep it. I'd like for each of our players to get at least 1 AAC Title, 1 AAC Tournament Title, and a Sweet 16 in a 4 year career. And that's a minimum. I feel like conference championships are underrated...it's easy for 95% of teams to dismiss it bc they didn't win. But for me personally, winning that kind of stuff validates your season. It gives you a real feat to point to. I remember last year Washington said he was glad that people were proud of the team, but they wanted more bc they didn't go home with anything. I want our players on cloud 9 going into the selection show. Nowhere they can ship us will get us down at that point.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #37
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think that's short-sighted. That's a very good accomplishment that our players can take with them forever. And if we win the regular season, it'd be awesome to do a victory lap in the tournament and sweep it. I'd like for each of our players to get at least 1 AAC Title, 1 AAC Tournament Title, and a Sweet 16 in a 4 year career. And that's a minimum. I feel like conference championships are underrated...it's easy for 95% of teams to dismiss it bc they didn't win. But for me personally, winning that kind of stuff validates your season. It gives you a real feat to point to. I remember last year Washington said he was glad that people were proud of the team, but they wanted more bc they didn't go home with anything. I want our players on cloud 9 going into the selection show. Nowhere they can ship us will get us down at that point.
I liked having these tough games at the end of the regular season to get us ready for March but it could also hurt the team. If they somehow end up not winning the title outright that could get in their heads and hurt the morale. Having a 3 game lead with 2 weeks left and blowing it could be disastrous.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:39 PM   #38
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
we have to get back to being us. if we're gonna try to play this stall ball for 30 minutes again its just not a recipe for victory for us. our team needs to try to get out in transition when the opportunity presents itself. our guys seem to feed off it and we play with more energy on defense.

when mick stalled us out tonight, our defense seemed to back off too. the energy was just zapped.
The one thing that distinguishes this team from Mick’s others is that they are good at running breaks. I did not see the Houston game but if they truly slowed things down deliberately I can see where that would be a problem.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #39
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Wichita State 63
UC 70
Old 02-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #40
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC86 View Post
Also, 39-0 in the last 39 home games... I think it’s fair to say, we’re a different team at home.
We also kill teams at home and not so much at home. Saying we are the same at home and on the road may be the dumbest thing ever said on here. (If that’s what he was saying, still not sure)
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote