Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #41
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Chad had Brian Snow on his podcast to talk about spring recruiting and Tandy in particular. Sounds like his dad is pretty involved in his recruitment. I think that could be a very good thing for us. A lot of times we see kids get swept off their feet by a dazzling recruiting pitch at a school, just to be picked over and later to find out they were being put on just to get the commitment. Hence why we see so many transfers these days. It can be good for someone who is older with a little more wisdom and life experience seeing through the kind of bs that I'm sure other schools are going to try to sell this kid on. Seems like a good thing for us to be able to get on him early and have Coach Cronin directly involved to show him how much he could mean to our program. I'm interested to see where this goes. I think he's a player that our fans should be going nuts over. Really seems like a high caliber player. I'm glad we are in on him.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #42
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Saw UK just signed a kid from Lexington, I'm guessing there went his chances of getting an offer from Them.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #43
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Saw UK just signed a kid from Lexington, I'm guessing there went his chances of getting an offer from Them.
One can hope.

Can you imagine getting a high talent kid with that kind of chip on his shoulder....Would love it. Come be a star Bearcat kid.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #44
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Unfortunately Payne is a walk-on.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #45
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
Unfortunately Payne is a walk-on.
Right... but they weren't all high on bringing in Tandy because he is a top recruit, I think it was more because he was a good recruit that's actually from KY. I know their playing time wouldn't be the same, but the hometown kid on the team factor would be.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #46
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Right... but they weren't all high on bringing in Tandy because he is a top recruit, I think it was more because he was a good recruit that's actually from KY. I know their playing time wouldn't be the same, but the hometown kid on the team factor would be.
Whoa. Wait. What?
Old 05-05-2018, 11:00 PM   #47
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Whoa. Wait. What?
What lol.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #48
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
What lol.
They got a walk-in and we are acting like Tandy has no chance to get an offer from them now?
Old 05-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #49
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
They got a walk-in and we are acting like Tandy has no chance to get an offer from them now?
Hahaha yeah that’s crazy.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #50
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Why don't you re read my post. Kentucky hasn't signed a single person outside the top 100 in the past 5 seasons, maybe more in just not looking into it any further. And they only went outside the top 30, 3 times. With their lowest recruit coming in at 71. So to think they'd go after a 140ish ranked guy because of his skill is laughable. A quick look at their recruiting page will show that they will be getting much better prospects than Tandy. The reason he got any interest from UK is because he is a good player from KY, that doesn't want to go to Louisville. Now they have a hometown kid. Tandy would have played more than a walk on, obviously, but he isn't ever gonna get significant playing time at UK. There is a reason he hasn't received an offer yet.