Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #71
cincycpaw
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,199
cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lawrence was a 5 star, Kenyon jr ainít even top 100


Kids put schools in there top 8 all the time that they have zero intentions on going to.

I mean a lot of these top 8ís are really just 2-3 schools and the others get named as a nod to being on them early, a connection to the coach or whatever.

Seemed funny too that he initially announced it was going to be a top 7 then when itís released itís a top 8 with UC the last graphic.

Iím not a fan of kenyons comments after we lost to Nevada. He could never show up around UC and I wouldnít care.
Iíd rather have Kenyon here then most people.

cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:57 PM   #72
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member
 
WAITE HOYT 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,206
WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Iíd rather have Kenyon here then most people.
Kenyon is a bit of a loose cannon but he is loyal to the guy who coached him and helped him make a ton of money. Really not hard to understand.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #73
Patrick Bateman
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,473
Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Iíd rather have Kenyon here then most people.
I bet Cronin would rather have Kenyon around than Curtis Bostic
__________________
"Every day we are day-to-day." Coach Cronin
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #74
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,413
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I bet Cronin would rather have Kenyon around than Curtis Bostic
Cool story...when I was in college I remember Bostic, T-rat, and NVE showing up to one of our keggers. Bostic was going out with one of our friends at the time. I doubt they were drinking but it was cool for us at the time to have them at our party. Bostic was probably a frosh at the time.

Bostic was a system guy but he was an absolute beast in terms of athleticism. I remember he was able to do a double dunk with a ball in each hand. He could jump out the roof!! We loved Bostic at the time because we had an inside link to him. He couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the beach...but that didn't matter to Huggins and I doubt it would matter to Cronin.

He was Tre Scott, Titus Rubles, Justin Jackson (pre senior year), etc. He could switch on anyone but had troubles scoring.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #75
TheRealUC
Elite Member
 
TheRealUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 694
TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
WVU or Memphis seem the most likely to me....and that's horse shit.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:01 AM   #76
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,216
AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
WVU or Memphis seem the most likely to me....and that's horse shit.
Memphis would be more, in our face. If that would come down to his final two choices, rather him choose Huggins.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #77
justinhub2003
Senior Moderator
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,229
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Iím probably reading into this too much but he seems to trying to make UC look bad.

Why pin a tweet that says he was offered by UC when most people think mick didnít even offer him? Itís like he is putting us in a running we didnít even ask to be in, against teams that either recently beat us (Nevada) or our rival, Memphis or against Huggins. Only for us to lose a recruitment publically that we had no interested in winning. Kenyon Martin is petty immature dude, hopefully Iím just reading too much into it and his son isnít the same as him
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #78
GarradJ21
Epic Member
 
GarradJ21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,561
GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m probably reading into this too much but he seems to trying to make UC look bad.

Why pin a tweet that says he was offered by UC when most people think mick didn’t even offer him? It’s like he is putting us in a running we didn’t even ask to be in, against teams that either recently beat us (Nevada) or our rival, Memphis or against Huggins. Only for us to lose a recruitment publically that we had no interested in winning. Kenyon Martin is petty immature dude, hopefully I’m just reading too much into it and his son isn’t the same as him
This past year has made me realize a lot about Kenyon and how he feels about UC and Cronin, but I do think you may be reading into this a little bit too much. I believe he just thinks it sounds cool and to picture it is cool to follow his dad's footsteps by showing him in a Cincy jersey more so than worrying about making us mad.

Him saying he has an offer though is strange to me. I mean I don't doubt it though that if he was truly dying to come to UC he could get an offer.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-20-2018 at 08:00 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #79
justinhub2003
Senior Moderator
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,229
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
This past year has made me realize a lot about Kenyon and how he feels about UC and Cronin, but I do think you may be reading into this a little bit too much. I believe he just thinks it sounds cool and to picture it is cool to follow his dad's footsteps by showing him in a Cincy jersey more so than worrying about making us mad.

Him saying he has an offer though is strange to me. I mean I don't doubt it though that if he was truly dying to come to UC he could get an offer.
Im sure he could, if he really really wanted to to come to UC. And maybe Mick told him that he isn't coming to see him nor is he actively recruiting him but that if he did want to choose Cincinnati, we'd take him. Maybe Mick wants it to be completely his choice. I have no idea the dynamics of this whole thing.

I read on Reddit too that West Virginia hasn't even offered this kid either and Huggins is also not recruiting him. Just some weird stuff going on with this kids recruitment.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #80
GarradJ21
Epic Member
 
GarradJ21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,561
GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Im sure he could, if he really really wanted to to come to UC. And maybe Mick told him that he isn't coming to see him nor is he actively recruiting him but that if he did want to choose Cincinnati, we'd take him. Maybe Mick wants it to be completely his choice. I have no idea the dynamics of this whole thing.

I read on Reddit too that West Virginia hasn't even offered this kid either and Huggins is also not recruiting him. Just some weird stuff going on with this kids recruitment.
That is really strange.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.