Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #1461
Cartel

Cartel is on a distinguished road
Thought it was UA just did not know they made shoes. Learn something new...
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:35 AM   #1462
UCTIMMY

UCTIMMY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Yah...this doesn't seem like a "where there is smoke there is fire" type of thing. This seems more like a "where there is scum there is a bag" type of thing.
The only thing worse than Pitino acting shocked is Mick acting the same way. These two are two peas in a pod.
UCTIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #1463
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTIMMY View Post
The only thing worse than Pitino acting shocked is Mick acting the same way. These two are two peas in a pod.
Well one guy is fired, and the other isn't. So I'm not sure how the not fired guy could be doing anything worse than the fired guy. But hey, whatever works.

Did Cronin actually comment on the situation? I'd be surprised if he did? But maybe I missed it?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #1464
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTIMMY View Post
If we were funneling money to recruits...I would hope we could land a 5 star guy or even high 4 star guys with regularity....lol!

How about a 25% off coupon to Target? Thanks UC boosters!

Last edited by waterhead; 09-29-2017 at 10:53 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #1465
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If we were funneling money to recruits...I would hope we could land a 5 star guy or even high 4 star guys with regularity....lol!

How about a 25% off coupon to Target? Thanks UC boosters!
We are recruiting 4 year players not one and doners. The majority of these kids are 1st round talent leaving after one year
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #1466
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
don't think we wil show up on the FBI list. I also don't think Mick will say anything negative about Pitino. He helped him jump start his coaching career and he is making much money.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #1467
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
don't think we wil show up on the FBI list. I also don't think Mick will say anything negative about Pitino. He helped him jump start his coaching career and he is making much money.
Yah...it would be obvious for Cronin to either act shocked or be shocked. There would be no reason for him to do anything else from a PR standpoint.

In terms of UC I would be shocked to see us on any FBI lists for obvious reasons. There are just no red flags or reason to believe we are nabbing recruits we have no business landing...quite the contrary actually. We are having a hard time landing ANY blue chippers. That, of course, does not mean it isn't possible for us to be acting unethical...just highly unlikely.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #1468
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yah...it would be obvious for Cronin to either act shocked or be shocked. There would be no reason for him to do anything else from a PR standpoint.

In terms of UC I would be shocked to see us on any FBI lists for obvious reasons. There are just no red flags or reason to believe we are nabbing recruits we have no business landing...quite the contrary actually. We are having a hard time landing ANY blue chippers. That, of course, does not mean it isn't possible for us to be acting unethical...just highly unlikely.
We were Adidas when we got Born Ready. That'd be the only thing I'd be that worried about. But I feel like Stephenson was running out of options by the time he committed. So idk.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #1469
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We were Adidas when we got Born Ready. That'd be the only thing I'd be that worried about. But I feel like Stephenson was running out of options by the time he committed. So idk.
Right...so 2009-2010. 8 years ago. That's probably a long way away from what they are looking at. The main thing is...I don't recall even hearing a peep about under the board stuff under Cronin with recruits. Until such time I will believe what I think to be true. He just isn't that type of coach and perhaps maybe the opposite. I feel he tells the players like it is (to a fault) and he wants players with character and can represent the university well. I don't have any reason to believe otherwise.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #1470
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
"When my son was in high school, I was approached at an AAU tournament by someone from a rival of Louisville’s. He said, “If you want to go to our school, we can get you $100,000.”

"When he committed (to Louisville), my son was choosing between Louisville and another school that had National Championship titles and was no stranger to the Final Four."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/30/father-...0k-from-rival/

Some people seem to think it maybe UCONN... obviously that's just speculation (it could be anyone at this point). But it will be interesting to see how this NCAA season shakes out.

Last edited by ThomasMac; 10-01-2017 at 10:45 AM.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote