Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #1581
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We are #11...
Not sure how ND moved up so far but the rest I can agree with. I wish we could have passed Miami to get to #10. I understand Nd beat WSU but still.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #1582
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I would probably go something like this personally...

Duke
Kan
MSU
Vill
KY
FLA

TAM #16 (has crushed two top 25 teams now Kenpom #5)
ND #13 (just beat #6 WSU kenpom #11)
WSU #6 (barely lost to ND kenpom #4)
UC (Kenpom #8 and unbeaten)
Miami (did not lose but Kenpom is #20)
Minn (beat top 25 on road but Kenpom is #23)

UNC
USC
GONZ
UL
Bay
X
WV
VA
We haven't done enough to pass Miami but ND and TAM have done enough to pass us. Minn is right behind us but we stayed ahead of them.

Until we play a big team we aren't getting too much credit. I can't blame the voters.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #1583
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
We haven't done enough to pass Miami but ND and TAM have done enough to pass us. Minn is right behind us but we stayed ahead of them.

Until we play a big team we aren't getting too much credit. I can't blame the voters.
ND to #5 seems a little weird. Everything else seems to fall in place.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #1584
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
They also play extremely Fast and yet are 3rd In the nation in TO%

They are who we should aiming to be on offense. But we aren’t there yet. Slow this one out and grind our way to victory
We could just play our game and let the chips fall. Getting scared of good teams and reverting to the rock fight won't win us jack in the tournament. We know that. These games are a good measuring stick. If we change the way we play for good teams, there's no point in anything we've been transitioning towards for the past few years/recruiting classes.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #1585
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Not sure how ND moved up so far but the rest I can agree with. I wish we could have passed Miami to get to #10. I understand Nd beat WSU but still.
Winning Maui is always going to mean a lot to the voters in November.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #1586
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We could just play our game and let the chips fall. Getting scared of good teams and reverting to the rock fight won't win us jack in the tournament. We know that. These games are a good measuring stick. If we change the way we play for good teams, there's no point in anything we've been transitioning towards for the past few years/recruiting classes.
A game in the 70s should be the expectation imo.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #1587
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I get that we want to be able to win in any kind of game. But that doesn't mean it should be predetermined.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #1588
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Minnesota was outscored 30-22 in the last 10 minutes of game against Alabama while only using 3 players. If I was voter I would drop them out of Top 25 for that alone.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #1589
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
Minnesota was outscored 30-22 in the last 10 minutes of game against Alabama while only using 3 players. If I was voter I would drop them out of Top 25 for that alone.
That was crazy. I didn't watch the whole thing but from what I saw Minnesota kept taking quick 2 pt jumpshots. I don't get it. Sexton was playing like 12 feet from the hoop. They could have easily burned some clock with the lead and gotten an open 3 on every possession.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #1590
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
That was crazy. I didn't watch the whole thing but from what I saw Minnesota kept taking quick 2 pt jumpshots. I don't get it. Sexton was playing like 12 feet from the hoop. They could have easily burned some clock with the lead and gotten an open 3 on every possession.
Can you imagine the Bearcats playing Minnesota 5 against 3. We actually play defense we would destroy them as most teams would. This tells me Minnesota is worthless on the defensive side of the ball.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote