Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the Bearcats this year?
30-31 10 26.32%
28-29 12 31.58%
26-27 13 34.21%
24-25 3 7.89%
23 or fewer 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #71
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I know it's been mentioned a bit but does anyone think that the fact we are really playing our home schedule on a neutral floor has anything to do with some of our shooting struggles?
I'm not smart enough to know that. But I think waterhead has mentioned how this could be a good thing later in the year since obviously none of our elimination games will be at home. Our splits have been troubling over the years.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #72
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm not smart enough to know that. But I think waterhead has mentioned how this could be a good thing later in the year since obviously none of our elimination games will be at home. Our splits have been troubling over the years.
I've tried to look at some numbers but it's stumped me. I just can't see how it couldn't have a negative impact especially for the older kids who have played all their games at another venue. If nothing else it has to mess with their game day habits. I really can't see how it helps.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #73
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Saw a graphic while watching Houston and Temple. it was illustrating what Houston had to do to play their homes games in a arena off campus.

Leave early for the bus ride to arena for walk through

Return to campus to go over counting report.

Return to arena for shoot around

Wait for game to be played

Back up and load bus for ride back to campus.

This may not be exact but it is close to what hey have to go through.

Has to impact our home advantage.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:45 PM   #74
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
On another note;

Would anybody have ever guessed that UC’s Offense would be rated worse than last years offense and that our defense would be rated better?

If anything we all would have predicted the opposite.

Last year uc’s offense finished at 34th and this year we’re at 47th with only 4 games against good teams.

We are playing a full 2 seconds faster on offense (a huge job to be honest) however we haven’t learned how to be efficient at that speed. Our offense this season is better every nearly every way except one crucial one: TO%.

If we can get our TO% closer to 16% we will have a very good and most likely top 25 offense
I would definitely believe that, defensive rhythm is much easier to learn than offensive. So this early in the year I totally expected us to have some hiccups. We will only fix those as we continue the season. Glad to see the offense moving much quicker, at least in certain situations. I like the way we actually push the ball when we should, even if it hasn't always turned into buckets it's better than not being aggressive
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #75
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Saw a graphic while watching Houston and Temple. it was illustrating what Houston had to do to play their homes games in a arena off campus.

Leave early for the bus ride to arena for walk through

Return to campus to go over counting report.

Return to arena for shoot around

Wait for game to be played

Back up and load bus for ride back to campus.

This may not be exact but it is close to what hey have to go through.

Has to impact our home advantage.

Not too much.

UC stays in a hotel the night before every home game. They are never on campus during home games.

I asked coach rehfedt why they did this on Twitter and it’s to get the same exact routine home or away before games and also helps regulate the players sleep and curfew before game days. . We did this last year too
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 PM   #76
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
I've tried to look at some numbers but it's stumped me. I just can't see how it couldn't have a negative impact especially for the older kids who have played all their games at another venue. If nothing else it has to mess with their game day habits. I really can't see how it helps.

We’re shooting better this year then last year so it anything we’re better shooting wise
Old 03-04-2018, 03:51 PM   #77
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
How did everyone do?

I had 27-4 with losses at Xavier, at UCLA, at Wichita, and one other random one.

I had the losses kind of mixed up. But not bad overall.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #78
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
i didn't miss a game.

of course i didn't do any predictions either. never do predictions, never do polls. don't put that pressure on me! i'd blame myself for all the losses.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #79
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
How did everyone do?

I had 27-4 with losses at Xavier, at UCLA, at Wichita, and one other random one.

I had the losses kind of mixed up. But not bad overall.
I admittedly did much worse however I also did not expect so many teams in our league to have so many injuries and for temple to suck so much
Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #80
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I admittedly did much worse however I also did not expect so many teams in our league to have so many injuries and for temple to suck so much
yeah there are a few that maybe could have been different if not for injuries. @smu would have been a tough one. can't predict all those injuries.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote