Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #71
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
That Caupain team was better at 4 of the 5 starting positions than this one. Caupain is a massive upgrade at PG, Cobb/KJ >= Broome/Williams/Moore, Cumberland > Evans/Shaq, Clark a massive upgrade at PF, Ellis/Deberry a massive upgrade at C.

I dont know how anybody thinks this is a better team than that one.

Lol. We should just cancel the season.

I remember the year after sk left, everyone thought we’d be trash and yet, we’re pretty good and gave UK fans the puckered butthole they deserve

I mean we didn’t think Evans was going to leave early when the roster was constructed. And yet even then I think we can still beat Xavier, UCLA and OSU on our home floor.

And miss state is one we can win
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #72
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That Caupain team was better at 4 of the 5 starting positions than this one. Caupain is a massive upgrade at PG, Cobb/KJ >= Broome/Williams/Moore, Cumberland > Evans/Shaq, Clark a massive upgrade at PF, Ellis/Deberry a massive upgrade at C.

I dont know how anybody thinks this is a better team than that one.
Id say Caupain is better than Cane and Jennifer yes but Cane can easily average 13 pts. a game like Caupain did his JR. year. Still all around player I guess would go to Caupain

Id put Cumberland at the 2 and is way better than Cobb/KJ. Not even a question.

KW and Fredericks can easily match a Shaq and a freshman JEIII

Tre Scott isn't too far behind a sophomore Gary Clark. Time will tell but I mean Tre is now a Red Shirt JR who is finally getting a shot.

Nysier and Ellie are lower than Deberry and Ellis but that's not saying much IMO. Add in Mamoudou and who knows what can happen.

We are deeper and faster this year that's for sure. I havent even talked about shooting potential from Trevor and the positives we have already heard regarding Logan Johnson.

I mean yeah, pg position alone could be the reason you pick the 2015-2016 season but my point is, I don't think it's far behind if any behind that year and they still had a decent season just some heartbreaking losses. It's simple, we aren't as good as the past two years but this team will be able to compete, we have a favorable schedule, and it's still going to be a Cronin tough minded team with a real scoring product in Jarron Cumberland.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-07-2018 at 03:03 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #73
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol. We should just cancel the season.

I remember the year after sk left, everyone thought we’d be trash and yet, we’re pretty good and gave UK fans the puckered butthole they deserve

I mean we didn’t think Evans was going to leave early when the roster was constructed. And yet even then I think we can still beat Xavier, UCLA and OSU on our home floor.

And miss state is one we can win

i mean that team added Ellis, Cobb, and Gary Clark.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #74
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Tre Scott isn't too far behind a sophomore Gary Clark. Time will tell but I mean Tre is now a Red Shirt JR who is finally getting a shot.
bruh i can't even
Old 08-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #75
cincrulz11
Epic Member

I am intrigued by our potential if we get a lot of minutes out of a lineup of

Broome
Moore/Williams
Cumberland
Fredericks
Scott

but i give that little to no chance of happening.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #76
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
bruh i can't even
Let's not act like 10 PPG and 9 RBG is impossible.

I know Gary will even tell you that Tre is very capable of filling his shoes this year. Especially compared to a sophomore version of himself. I mean trust me, I'd chose to have Gary back if I could but it is what it is.

My point again, We aren't far off if any from 2015-2016 and I'll will easily take bets for the same if not better record than 2015-2016 season.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-07-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:57 PM   #77
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Let's not act like 10 PPG and 9 RBG is impossible.

I know Gary will even tell you that Tre is very capable of filling his shoes this year. Especially compared to a sophomore version of himself. I mean trust me, I'd chose to have Gary back if I could but it is what it is.

My point again, We aren't far off if any from 2015-2016 and I'll will easily take bets for the same if not better record than 2015-2016 season.

you need to put some respect on gary's name. he was dominant even as a sophomore. Scott will be good if he ever gets to Gary's freshman numbers.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #78
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
bruh i can't even
Dude.

The Tre I've seen in highlights so far in 2 games shows that he has more range and more moves driving to the basket than Octavious Ellis ever had.

Add in that he is a much smarter player and it equals me having more confidence that By end of the season, we would all take Trevon Scott over Octavious Ellis.

Offensively, Jarron Cumberland would be the best scorer on the Caupain JR year team.

Cane had a higher Offensive rating than JR Caupain did.

Also if you look at Tre Scott's improvements from Fresh to Soph, there is reason to believe that he continues an upward trend.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #79
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
you need to put some respect on gary's name. he was dominant even as a sophomore. Scott will be good if he ever gets to Gary's freshman numbers.
I love Gary and he's an all time great.

But Tre's soph year was very much in line with Gary's Fr year:

Offensive rating:
Gary: 114.9
Tre: 115.7

eFG%:
G:52.4%
T:55.4%

OFF REB RATE:
G: 13.3%
T: 12.9%

Def REB Rate:
G: 18.9
T: 19.2

Assit Rate:
G: 13.9
T: 12.6

So Tre's Soph Year in terms of rating is very much in line with Gary's Freshman year. If he continues that trend its a good sign
Old 08-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #80
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I love Gary and he's an all time great.

But Tre's soph year was very much in line with Gary's Fr year:

Offensive rating:
Gary: 114.9
Tre: 115.7

eFG%:
G:52.4%
T:55.4%

OFF REB RATE:
G: 13.3%
T: 12.9%

Def REB Rate:
G: 18.9
T: 19.2

Assit Rate:
G: 13.9
T: 12.6

So Tre's Soph Year in terms of rating is very much in line with Gary's Freshman year. If he continues that trend its a good sign
Can always count on Hub