Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
What a weird tournament it's been
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #174
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
We can all relax. It finally dawned on me what has happened to UC in the tourney. Sister Jean the nun supporting Loyola of Chicago is using Devine intervention To clear the path for her Team. As a Catholic I can't believe I missed that.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #175
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
We can all relax. It finally dawned on me what has happened to UC in the tourney. Sister Jean the nun supporting Loyola of Chicago is using Devine intervention To clear the path for her Team. As a Catholic I can't believe I missed that.
National champs lol
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #176
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If only we would've been on their path!

2 of the white dudes on Loyola went to high school 5 minutes from my current house. Can't believe those guys are making huge plays in the NCAA Tournament.

If you would've told me 4 and 5 years ago when I was courtside for most Loyola games that they'd make an Elite 8 before UC, I would've said without hesitation that if it's true we need a new coach.

But here we are. So embarrassing.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:42 AM   #177
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post

2 of the white dudes on Loyola went to high school 5 minutes from my current house. Can't believe those guys are making huge plays in the NCAA Tournament.

If you would've told me 4 and 5 years ago when I was courtside for most Loyola games that they'd make an Elite 8 before UC, I would've said without hesitation that if it's true we need a new coach.

Been a strange tourney Jake. Lots of teams under achieving.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #178
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:

Jake if you would have told me Loyola would have beat us in 1963 after having a double digit lead and no shot clock I would never have believed it. Shit happens.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #179
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Jake if you would have told me Loyola would have beat us in 1963 after having a double digit lead and no shot clock I would never have believed it. Shit happens.
Yeah after 5 straight Finals 4s and 2 straight titles, shit finally happened in the closing seconds of a 3rd straight title attempt.

7 out of 8 years not even making it to the second weekend and blowing the easiest path to the Final 4 of all time in spectacular, historic fashion. Shit happens.

It's amazing the lengths some go to ensure that the guy getting paid millions to run the whole thing gets no blame at all for what happens year after year. You act as if it is all coincidence and luck. Brad Stevens...REALLY lucky. Mick Cronin...REALLY unlucky. That's the only difference.

Nevermind that the only constant in the 7 of 8 years trend is the coaching staff. That has nothing to do with it.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #180
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Yeah after 5 straight Finals 4s and 2 straight titles, shit finally happened in the closing seconds of a 3rd straight title attempt.

7 out of 8 years not even making it to the second weekend and blowing the easiest path to the Final 4 of all time in spectacular, historic fashion. Shit happens.

It's amazing the lengths some go to ensure that the guy getting paid millions to run the whole thing gets no blame at all for what happens year after year. You act as if it is all coincidence and luck. Brad Stevens...REALLY lucky. Mick Cronin...REALLY unlucky. That's the only difference.

Nevermind that the only constant in the 7 of 8 years trend is the coaching staff. That has nothing to do with it.
And I get being defensive. Hell, there's a "Fire Mick" thread. But you are on the extreme opposite end of the spectrum if you think no blame lies with the coach. You must recognize that. I'd argue that the majority do not want the coach fired but are getting fed up with him for falling short in the tournament year after year.