Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #501
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
How did we use the 2 seed to win games and recruit?

We didn't. So it's not relevant.
How did we get a 2 seed?
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #502
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
How did we get a 2 seed?
We had a really good regular season.

How do we go about using it to our advantage? That's what I genuinely want to know.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #503
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We had a really good regular season.

How do we go about using it to our advantage? That's what I genuinely want to know.
I feel like every year we have a debate about the same thing, i understand your frustration I really do. But when another user posts that we are not relevant after we got a 2 seed I’m gonna have to say something.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #504
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I feel like every year we have a debate about the same thing, i understand your frustration I really do. But when another user posts that we are not relevant after we got a 2 seed I’m gonna have to say something.
Understandable. And I agree that 2 seeds don't just magically happen. I just want to see us take advantage.

The fact that this is such a yearly convo is a problem. Or at least it should be at some point. Always something left to be desired. And the years just tick on by.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #505
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinecat View Post
You need to step back from the ledge man. Things didn't go the way we wanted this year. UVA was the first team in history to lose to a 16 seed. Shit happens. Every team except Villanova and probably Loyola were ultimately disappointed by the end result to this season. It is okay to be upset, but you are attacking every single post someone makes that is at all optimistic or disagrees with your doom and gloom attitude.

Take a break. Its 2 weeks after the season and Football doesn't start up until August. Get outside and smell the roses a little bit.
Virginia got the brakes beat off them from the tip.... both were huge upsets..CATS was a choke job tho... and every aspect of what needs fixed with the program came out in said choke job.
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #506
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Also UVA'S recruiting looks alot better and has been than CATS
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #507
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez1414 View Post
Virginia got the brakes beat off them from the tip.... both were huge upsets..CATS was a choke job tho... and every aspect of what needs fixed with the program came out in said choke job.
Interesting that the 2 biggest tournament loses were dealt to the 2 best defensive teams (with not much offense)? Could there be something to learn from that?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #508
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Interesting that the 2 biggest tournament loses were dealt to the 2 best defensive teams (with not much offense)? Could there be something to learn from that?
What makes you say those were the two biggest tourney losses? In terms of difference in seeding, X's loss was "bigger" and arguably more of an upset/surprise. And they're an offensive team.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #509
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez1414 View Post
so let me understand this, Virginia who I believe was the number 1 overall seed The ACC champion got the pants beat off them by a team who was one of the last to make the field and that wasn't a choke job? Now I will never argue that we didn't give the game to Nevada away but Virginia losing was every bit as historic as our loss.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #510
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Virginia had enough offense to go 17-1 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Virginia had enough offense to win the ACC and be the number 1 seed. UC had enough to win its league and tourney, secure a 22 point lead with 11 minutes to go against Nevada. We had plenty of offense to win that game. We took bad shot after bad shot , quit guarding and turned the ball over.

Virginia had enough offense to go 17-1 in the ACC. They lost to a 16 seed UMBC in the tourney. You think them losing was a matter of them not having a good enough offense?

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 04-17-2018 at 02:02 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote