Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #611
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Like two cats in a bag in here, lol.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #612
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKY Bearcat View Post
Are you really that butt hurt about a Prozac comment? This is the internet, you have to be tougher than that.

I would call your antics in this thread way more detrimental than anything the GuyfromNKY posted.
Look there's nothing left to say here. I shouldn't have to come to this site and read the shit about myself that I do on a regular basis. And neither should anyone else about themselves.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #613
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Look there's nothing left to say here. I shouldn't have to come to this site and read the shit about myself that I do on a regular basis. And neither should anyone else about themselves.
You are responding very aggressively to people arguing the other side. While it obviously got personal in his post, you seem to be taking any comment defending Mick as personal.

I really think you need to take a break from this page for a few days or a week. You seem way too emotional in your responses.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #614
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are responding very aggressively to people arguing the other side. While it obviously got personal in his post, you seem to be taking any comment defending Mick as personal.

I really think you need to take a break from this page for a few days or a week. You seem way too emotional in your responses.
That's fine. And I will do that. But that doesn't make it ok for people to post the bullshit about me that they do all the time. It gets old when it comes from several people literally anytime you post anything. And I've finally had enough. You people don't know me. So don't act like you do. I literally know no other UC fans in Kansas City, so I come here to talk about UC. That doesn't mean it consumes my life. I have other shit to worry about. I don't walk around all day everyday upset about UC basketball. What I post here about it is what I post here about it, bc this is supposed to be the place to talk about that stuff. I don't need to come here and have every single response to my posts be about me personally. And when people start taking it to the point that indydoug did, it's too much. That shit isn't funny. I have a sister who is a psychiatrist and she deals with people in the worst circumstances all day everyday. Those people actually need those kinds of medications and she has had patients commit suicide. It happens all the time actually. So for someone to come on here and try to make a joke about it and use it as a negative to slam someone for their opinion on a basketball just set me off. That shit is absolutely not funny. It's nothing to joke about. I don't appreciate it...and it isn't bc of me at all. It isn't bc I'm a snowflake. It isn't bc of any of that. It's bc I have a direct connection to the real life shit that people actually go through with that stuff. And it's devastating. So to try to mock someone for something like that is totally out of bounds in my book. It furthers a stigma surrounding mental health and it's seriously problematic. And for people to rally around it and act like I need to "toughen up" and deal with it is bullshit. Bc again, it has nothing to do with me being sensitive about it for myself. But you people continue to completely miss the point.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #615
All we do is Guyn

All we do is Guyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Point is, the next time someone gets attacked personally, especially when nothing that person has done has been reported, the person issuing the personal attack will get banned. Kick and scream all you want but that's what's happening. You don't like it, go somewhere else.
You're a clown and have made this board unreadable.
All we do is Guyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #616
NKY Bearcat

Quote:
That's fine. And I will do that. But that doesn't make it ok for people to post the bullshit about me that they do all the time. It gets old when it comes from several people literally anytime you post anything. And I've finally had enough. You people don't know me. So don't act like you do. I literally know no other UC fans in Kansas City, so I come here to talk about UC. That doesn't mean it consumes my life. I have other shit to worry about. I don't walk around all day everyday upset about UC basketball. What I post here about it is what I post here about it, bc this is supposed to be the place to talk about that stuff. I don't need to come here and have every single response to my posts be about me personally. And when people start taking it to the point that indydoug did, it's too much. That shit isn't funny. I have a sister who is a psychiatrist and she deals with people in the worst circumstances all day everyday. Those people actually need those kinds of medications and she has had patients commit suicide. It happens all the time actually. So for someone to come on here and try to make a joke about it and use it as a negative to slam someone for their opinion on a basketball just set me off. That shit is absolutely not funny. It's nothing to joke about. I don't appreciate it...and it isn't bc of me at all. It isn't bc I'm a snowflake. It isn't bc of any of that. It's bc I have a direct connection to the real life shit that people actually go through with that stuff. And it's devastating. So to try to mock someone for something like that is totally out of bounds in my book. It furthers a stigma surrounding mental health and it's seriously problematic. And for people to rally around it and act like I need to "toughen up" and deal with it is bullshit. Bc again, it has nothing to do with me being sensitive about it for myself. But you people continue to completely miss the point.
You are missing the point. Writing these walls of text and banning anyone who steps outside of your personal beliefs on behavior is killing the enjoyment of this board. Unfortunately your real life issues do not matter on an internet forum. They don't belong here and are not an excuse for being overly sensitive to anyone throwing insults on the internet.

I have mostly migrated to www.csnbbs.com for my UC forum because of Moderator actions like yours (Justin gave me a ban for disagreeing over a basketball topic). If you can't be impartial and roll with the disagreements, then why should anyone else care to express their opinions?
Old 05-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #617
NKY Bearcat

Quote:
You are missing the point. Writing these walls of text and banning anyone who steps outside of your personal beliefs on behavior is killing the enjoyment of this board. Unfortunately your real life issues do not matter on an internet forum. They don't belong here and are not an excuse for being overly sensitive to anyone throwing insults on the internet.

I have mostly migrated to www.csnbbs.com for my UC forum because of Moderator actions like yours (Justin gave me a ban for disagreeing over a basketball topic). If you can't be impartial and roll with the disagreements, then why should anyone else care to express their opinions?
In regards to Justin banning me, I take that back. Not sure if it was him.

Ironically the post I got a ban for was arguing with you over what it meant to be Elite as a basketball program for the last 25 years. Reading it now and contrasting it to this thread is pretty ridiculous.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #618
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
This has become a joke. Please stop
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #619
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Become a joke??

BCM
05-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Waded through pages of the usual bullshit to see if there was any news on the arena front. This place in the offseason can get unbearable.

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 05-15-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #620
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Jacob you still haven't taken a break.

Would you really feel that much better if UC advanced past Nevada and lost to Loyola like the might Nevada did?

End of the day Musselman lost to an 11 seed in the tournament, Mick lost to a 7 seed by fluke.

He got the last remaining 5 star recruit. How many high profile late spring signees really pan out? (I don't know the answer to that). Mick's highest rated late spring recruit sure didn't (Lawrence)

I just don't see the personal benefit of stewing on this loss for the past 2 months.
By “fluke” what the hell kind of fluke? Holy poop too many in denial.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote