Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
What Scares Me

What scares me is the lack of interest with the football program. Not very many posts in regards to football. Everybody must have chalked up the season and are waiting for next year. Some of this is understandable. Can we discuss future schedules, recruiting, facilities--anything???
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
What scares me is the lack of interest with the football program. Not very many posts in regards to football. Everybody must have chalked up the season and are waiting for next year. Some of this is understandable. Can we discuss future schedules, recruiting, facilities--anything???
Yeah I'm with you there. There are just a couple of us on here who even bother to watch the games I think. Then look at the basketball side of things...more interest there in June than football ever gets.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
M64W

Remember When?

Remember when we walked down Bourbon Street in Orleans chanting "....ohhhhh, ohhhhh, ohhhh, UC!!" or getting on the bus heading to the Orange Bowl with a police car leading the way?
Old 10-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Basketball school
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #5
M64W

Fair Weather

Cincinnati in general, the whole town, has fair weather fans.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Basketball school
Correction, Dance Team School
Old 10-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Remember when we walked down Bourbon Street in Orleans chanting "....ohhhhh, ohhhhh, ohhhh, UC!!" or getting on the bus heading to the Orange Bowl with a police car leading the way?
That was a different Coach and coaching staff, different conference, different AD, different president, different band director
Old 10-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #8
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ugh, this is a such an over-used and ridiculous take. Cincinnati is a losing town, it's pretty hard to expect sports fans in this city to be constantly enthusiastic when our last championship was in 1990. Being a sports fan is inherently a fair weather gig. Rooting for a winning team is always going to be more exciting than rooting for a loser.

I have season tickets for football and I go to all the games but I couldn't sit here and tell you with a straight face that it's exciting or that I'm as emotionally invested in it as I was when we were winning. It's the nature of being a sports fan, calling a team or a city's fans fair weather is just ridiculous. Every fan is fair weather, it's not exclusive to UC or Cincinnati. Tell me another team in another city that consistently stinks yet plays games in front of sell out crowds on a regular basis.

Go Cats!
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I mean I get it though. Noone wants to watch a team lose night in and night out regardless of what the future holds. Cincinnati is a what have you done for me lately city. Hence a reason ive never and probably never will have any interest in the bengals
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:33 PM   #10
M64W

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Ugh, this is a such an over-used and ridiculous take. Cincinnati is a losing town, it's pretty hard to expect sports fans in this city to be constantly enthusiastic when our last championship was in 1990. Being a sports fan is inherently a fair weather gig. Rooting for a winning team is always going to be more exciting than rooting for a loser.

I have season tickets for football and I go to all the games but I couldn't sit here and tell you with a straight face that it's exciting or that I'm as emotionally invested in it as I was when we were winning. It's the nature of being a sports fan, calling a team or a city's fans fair weather is just ridiculous. Every fan is fair weather, it's not exclusive to UC or Cincinnati. Tell me another team in another city that consistently stinks yet plays games in front of sell out crowds on a regular basis.

Go Cats!
Chicago Cubs!