Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 03-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #451
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
I think you throw him out there regardless. Hamilton has never shown signs of being a star. Hes never had good plate discipline and he never tore it up at any level. his speed is the only thing people talk about and only reason he was ever considered a top prospect. With that said, because people love the word potential I would throw him out there and have a team bite. Because of "potential", a team is much more likely to offer a lot more for him. If teams offer alot awesome, take it and run. If not, so be it. One thing Im pretty confident on is that every year his trade value is going to go down a little bit more than the last year
no way. He is the type of player we are trying to acquire. Young, with potential and team controlled. Why would you sell low on him anyway. What do you think you'll get. If he can OBP anywhere close to 320 he'll steal 80 bases plus give you a gold glove defender.he was rushed up here a year early. No way I give up on him now. Especially not without seeing what I have in Peraza. We are not contending this year or next anyway. He also is coming off shoulder surgery and will probably start the year on the DL. What do you think you'll get.

By the way the game is on direct tv Chanel 692

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 03-14-2016 at 03:47 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:57 PM   #452
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
no way. He is the type of player we are trying to acquire. Young, with potential and team controlled. Why would you sell low on him anyway. What do you think you'll get. If he can OBP anywhere close to 320 he'll steal 80 bases plus give you a gold glove defender.he was rushed up here a year early. No way I give up on him now. Especially not without seeing what I have in Peraza. We are not contending this year or next anyway. He also is coming off shoulder surgery and will probably start the year on the DL. What do you think you'll get.

By the way the game is on direct tv Chanel 692
I didnt mean or say sell low. I said throw him out there and because of his "potential" people may be willing to offer more. If they offer more than hes worth(ala arizona last year) then jump.

But personally. I dont see the potential others see though. His potential is hes fast. He cant hit and hasnt really hit at any level. He also has some of the worst plate discipline on this team. He doesnt walk, he sees maybe 3 pitches per AB.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:10 PM   #453
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I didnt mean or say sell low. I said throw him out there and because of his "potential" people may be willing to offer more. If they offer more than hes worth(ala arizona last year) then jump.

But personally. I dont see the potential others see though. His potential is hes fast. He cant hit and hasnt really hit at any level. He also has some of the worst plate discipline on this team. He doesnt walk, he sees maybe 3 pitches per AB.
Coach he is a elite defender and base runner. If he hits 250 and OBP 320 he will be a more then average player. No way do I consider trading him now. He has shown flashes in the minors putting together some good seasons. I think he was rushed a bit and is a exceptional athlete. If he can put bat on ball a bit more he will be a good player. It is a big if but under the circumstances we are operating now in I give him more rope before giving up on him. The next red to leave will be Bruce unless they can find a team Phillips is willing to go to. The Reds aren't trading young developing ,team controlled talent who make next to nothing at this time.

You seem like you enjoy the game. Here is a great reds site to visit. Especially if you like keeping up with the young reds prospects.
Nothing I enjoy more then going to the ball park. Been going since Crosley field days.
http://redsminorleagues.com/

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 03-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:15 PM   #454
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coach he is a elite defender and base runner. If he hits 250 and OBP 320 he will be a more then average player. No way do I consider trading him now. He has shown flashes in the minors putting together some good seasons. I think he was rushed a bit and is a exceptional athlete. If he can put bat on ball a bit more he will be a good player. It is a big if but under the circumstances we are operating now in I give him more rope before giving up on him. The next red to leave will be Bruce unless they can find a team Phillips is willing to go to. The Reds aren't trading young developing ,team controlled talent who make next to nothing at this time.

You seem like you enjoy the game. Here is a great reds site to visit. Especially if you like keeping up with the young reds prospects.
Nothing I enjoy more then going to the ball park. Been going since Crosley field days.
http://redsminorleagues.com/
I hope you are right and im wrong. But just watching him bat he looks lost out there more often than not

And I dabble with that site every few days. Doug has a lot of info on our system
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:19 PM   #455
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I hope you are right and im wrong. But just watching him bat he looks lost out there more often than not

And I dabble with that site every few days. Doug has a lot of info on our system
He has not been good at the plate that is for sure. He really didn't start switch hitting until he was in minors. Almost wish they would let him hit only from the right side which is his natural side.

Doug runs a great site. Best I've found. I go there every day.hope I'm not out of line promoting his site here.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:35 PM   #456
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He has not been good at the plate that is for sure. He really didn't start switch hitting until he was in minors. Almost wish they would let him hit only from the right side which is his natural side.

Doug runs a great site. Best I've found. I go there every day.hope I'm not out of line promoting his site here.
I don't see why it'd be a problem since it doesn't conflict with anything UC. I've visited several times since your recommendation.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #457
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I don't see why it'd be a problem since it doesn't conflict with anything UC. I've visited several times since your recommendation.
HAve you enjoyed the site? Doug works very hard at providing great info. When the season gets under way he'll have all the system box scores up on a daily basis. He'll even keep you up to date on who the hot draft prospects are. He updates the site at about 6:00 every morning.

The guys who Comment add great content as well.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #458
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
HAve you enjoyed the site? Doug works very hard at providing great info. When the season gets under way he'll have all the system box scores up on a daily basis. He'll even keep you up to date on who the hot draft prospects are. He updates the site at about 6:00 every morning.

The guys who Comment add great content as well.
Yes I like it a lot. I told my brother about it bc he's a big baseball guy, but apparently he's already a daily reader as well. I like how organized it is...will be my one-stop site for Reds info this year.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #459
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yes I like it a lot. I told my brother about it bc he's a big baseball guy, but apparently he's already a daily reader as well. I like how organized it is...will be my one-stop site for Reds info this year.
Glad you like it.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #460
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Peraza starting in CF tonight