Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #161
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Logan Johnson, 3 pts, 2 rebs at st. Mary’s. Not sure how this program ever recovers.

Also, I think Johnson and Hardnett could turn out to be good but if your argument is about losing half your roster this year, it isn’t a good argument. McNeal is better than Johnson this year. And I don’t think McNeal is that great. In the future probably not but I’m not losing sleep over thing that might happen in 2 years

Last edited by cincyguy13; 11-16-2019 at 10:36 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #162
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Vogt likely ends better than nysier... And thats a thought id never thought id say
I don’t think he will be better than nysier but there isn’t that big of a difference.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #163
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Vogt likely ends better than nysier... And thats a thought id never thought id say
Really?? Ok. And I never thought much of Fredericks but Cronin was a good coach he proved it. Brannen still has a lot to prove judging it from the start bad hire. We needed a guy that was young up and coming or somebody with more cache
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #164
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I don’t think he will be better than nysier but there isn’t that big of a difference.
Trust me nysier leaving was a brutal blow.... But vogt has been more than serviceable. Can go with jump hook deep in post with either hand. Will need to limit foul trouble.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #165
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Really?? Ok. And I never thought much of Fredericks but Cronin was a good coach he proved it. Brannen still has a lot to prove judging it from the start bad hire. We needed a guy that was young up and coming or somebody with more cache
This is Dan Cronin isnt it?

I was a mick supporter... But Brannen is a breath of fresh air. His offensive system ia iust getting started. Its amazing watxhing open flow movement and a green light to shoot.

The rock fight days are over. You should either jump onboard or follow your brother to UCLA
Old 11-16-2019, 10:41 AM   #166
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
This is Dan Cronin isnt it?

I was a mick supporter... But Brannen is a breath of fresh air. His offensive system ia iust getting started. Its amazing watxhing open flow movement and a green light to shoot.

The rock fight days are over. You should either jump onboard or follow your brother to UCLA
I honestly thought Jon Rycek was Dan Cronin forever
Old 11-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #167
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Criticism of Brannen is fair. This is a forum, not a positivist echo chamber. Sure I think Joe takes it a bit too far, but he has a right to his opinion.

As for the loss of players. Sure the replacements are equal or greater in most cases (besides Brooks who was a much better center).

But next year the grad transfers leave. Whereas LoJo, Nsoseme and Hardnett would still be here and valuable contributors.

For that to be an even (or even close to even) trade, we need to have success this year. We would have been a young team next year even with LoJo, Hardnett and Nsoseme still here. Without them we will be very young. That's not to mention that we have yet to recruit a backup Center or PF (assuming Diarra starts and depending on if Prince ever returns) for next year (which Nsoseme and Hardnett would have been).
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #168
cincyguy13
Epic Member

We have no idea if lojo, Hardnett, or Ellie will be good. Especially in a new system. We can guess, but it would be just that. Lojo is the only one I think will be good and that is based off his brothers success. My opinion. To say you know for sure they will be good, and it is some kind of big loss for the program, is lying for the sake of your argument. There is literally nothing to go on with Hardnett. Barely any film but we know he’s going to be good? Based on what? Ellie will never be good. He will hustle but he will never be an all league player.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #169
Mort82

Mort82 is on a distinguished road
I agree on all points. Brannen's been a breath of fresh air. We finally have an offense; ball movement and movement off the ball. Jarron should realize he's in a better position to the next level with Brannen.
Last year, I never understood why a team without an offense would walk the ball up the court. They should have been trying to beat the defense down the court to stay out of the half court game. This year, we have both....a team that pushes the pace and runs an offense!
Mort82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #170
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Criticism of Brannen is fair. This is a forum, not a positivist echo chamber. Sure I think Joe takes it a bit too far, but he has a right to his opinion.

As for the loss of players. Sure the replacements are equal or greater in most cases (besides Brooks who was a much better center).

But next year the grad transfers leave. Whereas LoJo, Nsoseme and Hardnett would still be here and valuable contributors.

For that to be an even (or even close to even) trade, we need to have success this year. We would have been a young team next year even with LoJo, Hardnett and Nsoseme still here. Without them we will be very young. That's not to mention that we have yet to recruit a backup Center or PF (assuming Diarra starts and depending on if Prince ever returns) for next year (which Nsoseme and Hardnett would have been).
Im not sure Davenport doesnt leap frog Mamadou at the 4 next yr.