Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #11
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
The trick it to find someone that still has a cable/satellite subscription and use their logins for the apps. So with that said. Anyones parents still have cable and want to hook some fans up?
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #12
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post
ESPN+ doesn't give you access to ESPN/ESPN2 right? I could be wrong, but I believe it only lets you watch games specifically designated for ESPN+
Forgot to mention that I still have access to my mom's Spectrum account so I get ESPN/ESPN2 access through that.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #13
itsamemario

Alright. I have done some math on this. I currently have Cincy Bell internet and pay $65 a month. If I switch to Time Warner I might be able to get it to $45. Im getting 200 mbps currently, any lower and i get a little pissy when things are slow.

There are a few of these options that could be cheaper, but DAMNIT CBS sports network screws everything up.

So with that said here are the current options. Im not including DTV now(AT&T) as they priced themselves out of the market and sling TV as they dont have the channels

Youtube TV...$65 for internet+ $50($55 for Iphone users) $115($120 apple)
Cincy Bell: $135.40 after tax (got the quote yesterday)If it wasnt for CBS sports cable providers might be the cheapest, but CBS sports isnt included in any package so you basically have to pay $30 more for 1 channel and the other 15 channels you dont want.
Spectrum: $131.47 after tax.
Playstation Vue: $65 for internet + $55 for core(has cbs sports) $120
Hulu live: $65 for internet + $55 -----$120

I already have Hulu, so I think im going with Hulu live as it will be a little cheaper than 1 of the others plus paying for Hulu(which I already do) If you dont want to pay extra to get rid of ads, i think its $115
Old 09-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #14
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Im getting 200 mbps currently, any lower and i get a little pissy when things are slow.
HD video streams at around 4 mbps. You will want double that in bandwidth to reduce latency, so 8 mbps per stream. Anything more than about 30 for a household is overkill. If things are slow, there is some other problem. I don't think Spectrum is a fiber network, so any number of things can throttle their network. 30 mpbs fiber will be much better than 1000 mbps cable. With CincyBell you should be fine with anything over 30. The 100+ speeds are mostly a marketing ploy.

Quote:
Hulu live: $65 for internet + $55 -----$120
Hulu Live is $45. I have fiber internet with AT&T for $50, so $95 total for streaming all sports channels in high quality.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:15 AM   #15
itsamemario

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
HD video streams at around 4 mbps. You will want double that in bandwidth to reduce latency, so 8 mbps per stream. Anything more than about 30 for a household is overkill. If things are slow, there is some other problem. I don't think Spectrum is a fiber network, so any number of things can throttle their network. 30 mpbs fiber will be much better than 1000 mbps cable. With CincyBell you should be fine with anything over 30. The 100+ speeds are mostly a marketing ploy.

Hulu Live is $45. I have fiber internet with AT&T for $50, so $95 total for streaming all sports channels in high quality.
add another $5 or $10 for the regular Hulu with no ads bundled with it. Since I already have Hulu and plan on keeping it im looking more at $50-$55. Which is the same as all the other options, except I get a full library of stuff
Old 09-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #16
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
My neighborhood is old wiring everywhere and cable company refuses to update the equipment...so I only get about 10-15 mbps most of the time (at least through my WiFi). I can still stream Netflix, YouTube TV, ESPN, no problem. Sometimes going to the Fox app or ESPN app works a little better than YouTube TV, but 200 should be way overkill as far as needed service.

And some years I've held off going for the streaming service until the conference games start. Most of the "grey area" streaming sites give you pretty good quality in the non-conference games. They somehow become magically more difficult to get a good stream once conference play begins.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #17
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I have YouTube TV and I love it.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote