Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Looks like Wynn will be the starting RB

Many assumed Poteat would take over at RB this year but it looks like Wynn is poised to take over. It will be a RB by committee for sure but I am glad to see George get this spot. Tough, durable, and experienced.

I think I would like to see the playing time split up in this percentage:

Wynn: 45%
Poteat: 35%
Abernathy: 20%

Wynn gets featured role. Poteat gets good experience and is ready to take over in 13. Abernathy keeps the homerun threat alive.

George had a really nice year last season and could take a Iasiah Pead type of role.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Once Aaron Harris gets on campus he'll be in position to get a good amount of carries as well, kid is extremely talented.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Also, its Winn not Wynn.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal E View Post
Once Aaron Harris gets on campus he'll be in position to get a good amount of carries as well, kid is extremely talented.
What's the deal with Harris? Did that fall through? Haven't seen anything about him in a couple months.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Harris isn't listed on the roster. Someone with more information than me can chime in if they like on why he ended up not being on the team.

As far as the PT at RB, it sounds like Tion Green and Deionte Buckley had nice camps and could see playing time as true freshmen potentially. So there are five options right there:

Winn; Poteat; Abernathy; Green and Buckley.

One would assume one to two of those five will separate themselves from the pack in the first couple games and become the main bell cows. Winn should be able to handle the short yardage stuff with his size but Buckley would be right there for those duties in my mind as well- guy is built like a bowling ball.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Lunch.With.BJ

Lunch.With.BJ is on a distinguished road
Looks like Aaron Harris is at Buffalo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo
It is official. Aaron Harris is officially a Buffalo. Straight from Carthel's mouth. Really looking forward to seeing him in action.

If you haven't seen it, google Aaron Harris. Go to the University of Cincinnati site (where he originally signed D1) and watch the highlight film.

Chip was not BSing on this one!!!
http://www.d2messageboard.com/showth...reseason/page3
Lunch.With.BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
CDS86

CDS86 will become famous soon enough
What happened with him at Cincinnati?

"Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
CDS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS86 View Post
What happened with him at Cincinnati?
Aaron Harris dd not make grades in JUCO and was not admitted.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
Aaron Harris dd not make grades in JUCO and was not admitted.
Too bad Xavier doesn't have a football team....

Joking aside, I like the pwoer/speed combo of Winn and Poteat. I think Abernathy will be more of a special teams threat, he's never seemed to have the size in my opinion to take poundings in the backfield and after that return for a TD in the Liberty Bowl he should be primed with confidence.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Too bad Xavier doesn't have a football team....

Joking aside, I like the pwoer/speed combo of Winn and Poteat. I think Abernathy will be more of a special teams threat, he's never seemed to have the size in my opinion to take poundings in the backfield and after that return for a TD in the Liberty Bowl he should be primed with confidence.
I think Abernathy will take the occasional one in the backfield. Traditionally, in the Big East, there are a lot of little backs who are quick and make people miss. You can kind of use Abernathy as a wild card. Especially on a screen, or option where Munchie tries to run and can lateral it to him. He's incredibly quick and can be a great play maker in multiple spots.
I like that Winn will be getting more snaps. Pead went backwards on plays at times, where I think he was trying to do too much. Winn is a bruiser. Hopefully Poteat will be good. I wish we still had Teague

Last edited by Nomadic1; 08-30-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote