Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #51
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
He's more nimble and less stiff than other bigs we've had. I worry about his strength, but if he's been working on that this summer and keeps at it; he should be a damn good fit for this team. They better make a run this year.
I don't know if we have a decent PG on this team the following season.
With the depth, talent in the back court and the length in the front, no excuse if they lose in the first weekend.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #52
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
He's more nimble and less stiff than other bigs we've had. I worry about his strength, but if he's been working on that this summer and keeps at it; he should be a damn good fit for this team. They better make a run this year.
I don't know if we have a decent PG on this team the following season.
With the depth, talent in the back court and the length in the front, no excuse if they lose in the first weekend.
I think the team will be expecting to get out of the SECOND weekend. Whether or not that is realistic will come down to how well the big's develop, staying healthy and the matchups that are presented to them in the sweet sixteen and elite eight rounds.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #53
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
I think the team will be expecting to get out of the SECOND weekend. Whether or not that is realistic will come down to how well the big's develop, staying healthy and the matchups that are presented to them in the sweet sixteen and elite eight rounds.
Our team isn't even ranked in the preseason top 25, I think they need to prove themselves a little before we make accusations about the big dance, I don't think any body has cincy in their final four (which is past the second weekend) right now....
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #54
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Our team isn't even ranked in the preseason top 25, I think they need to prove themselves a little before we make accusations about the big dance, I don't think any body has cincy in their final four (which is past the second weekend) right now....
Our team was undervalued most of last season and I don't believe they cracked the top 25 after their early ranking till very late in the season. In spite of having the most wins in the country against top 25 teams. There is a built in bias in the polls. Everybody knows this.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #55
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i dont see anything wrong with making those predictions. the national media looks at UC as losing Gates and having no player on the roster capable of reproducing his stats. also, the national media doesnt build in team chemistry into their pre-season expectations. if there is one thing this team has going for it- it is that there is a great vibe amongst them and that they all have bought into bearcat basketball and going all out every play. i think we are going to see a special team this year.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #56
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Cincinnati has been ranked by multiple publications for next season.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #57
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
I maintain... if those three things I listed occur: 1) Stay healthy 2) Productive big's rotation and 3) Decent matchups in March this team has every reason to BELIEVE it can do what no team has done since '92. And it should be pointed out the '92 team had the luxury of #3 also. I'm not saying they wouldn't have made the Final Four without the same matchups but the cards definitely fell right that year.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #58
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Huggs never beat a higher seed while at UC.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #59
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Huggs never beat a higher seed while at UC.
Mick has already accomplished that! Beat a very athletic, formidable FSU team last year.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #60
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein

David Nyarsuk is going to have an impact for Cincinnati. 7-footer will play minutes 4 the Bearcats. Will protect the rim , finish in paint.