Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-25-2019, 08:20 PM   #531
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Has CJB given up on Moore? It’s sad to see the kid struggle. Really wish and thought a light would go off for him this year. Seems like a good guy.
Seems like a great teammate. Love him. Just don’t think he has the skills to play. He can’t give us anything. He’s a stand still shooter that can’t shoot.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:26 PM   #532
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Has CJB given up on Moore? It’s sad to see the kid struggle. Really wish and thought a light would go off for him this year. Seems like a good guy.
I wouldn't call it giving up on him, he just isn't that good. Agree that it stinks to see him struggle b/c he seems like a great kid, but he just isn't good enough to play at this level. Not a good ball handler, not a good passer, doesn't have great height, not a good shooter, and on and on. I'm fine with him staying and eating up a scholarship because I don't like pushing a kid out who has a good attitude, but he won't be seeing valuable minutes anytime soon.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:32 PM   #533
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Maybe we have different expectations for Vogt. I never thought he was going to be great, so what he’s doing is way more than I imagined. Sounds like you expected an all league type guy. I never thought he would be able to score at the rate he is on any team. Regardless of the competition. So it’s a nice surprise for me. No, he will never be great. I’m not expecting him to be something he is not.
Well plenty are comparing him to Brooks. Brooks was an all league type player (probably would have been the best big in the AAC if he stayed for his senior year).

Vogt is better than I expected. Excellent against small guys, but a net negative against teams who can match his size.

For the record I was not a fan of Kyle Washington either. I've only watched Cronin/Huggin's teams. So maybe it's just what I'm used to. Bigs who are liabilities on defense just don't sit well with me.

I'm mostly hoping Diarra gets more of an opportunity and eventually starts. Diarra has far more potential and is better at defense and rebounding.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #534
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
You think Diarra is better at defense and rebounding than Vogt? Wowza.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #535
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Well plenty are comparing him to Brooks. Brooks was an all league type player (probably would have been the best big in the AAC if he stayed for his senior year).

Vogt is better than I expected. Excellent against small guys, but a net negative against teams who can match his size.

For the record I was not a fan of Kyle Washington either. I've only watched Cronin/Huggin's teams. So maybe it's just what I'm used to. Bigs who are liabilities on defense just don't sit well with me.

I'm mostly hoping Diarra gets more of an opportunity and eventually starts. Diarra has far more potential and is better at defense and rebounding.
So you think Diarra is better than Vogt? At anything? That’s an interesting point of view. Yeah we all want Diarra to be good but he hasn’t shown anything. Vogt is actually doing it. In real life. Potential is great if they ever meet it. I heard Shaq Thomas had potential for 4 years
Old 11-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #536
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
You think Diarra is better at defense and rebounding than Vogt? Wowza.
Maybe the hottest take since “cronin never loses games like this”, literally days after losing a game like that.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:40 PM   #537
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe the hottest take since “cronin never loses games like this”, literally days after losing a game like that.
😂 😂
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #538
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol at cincinnati the last 4 years He lost exactly 1 game like this.

But yea let’s pretend that losing to teams like bowling green is commonplace at cincinnati.

Whatever makes you guys feel better
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #539
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Nevada kicked bowling greens ass.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:15 PM   #540
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol at cincinnati the last 4 years He lost exactly 1 game like this.

But yea let’s pretend that losing to teams like bowling green is commonplace at cincinnati.

Whatever makes you guys feel better
He just did it with UCLA. You know...with a new team, kids he didn't recruit, trying to put his system in place. Sound familiar?
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote