But regardless.

It doesn’t matter. I like winning. So whoever is at UC I want them to win
Agree. If both win, everyone is happy.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #2372
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Turns out Jarron isn't the only one to not be aware of an end game situation.

Marquette head coach Steve Wojciechowski told his team to foul Butler (an 85% ft shooter) in a tie game with 20 seconds left because he thought they were down 2.

Wojo on the foul: "I thought we were down two. The last time I looked at the scoreboard, it was a two-point game."
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:46 AM   #2373
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Mediocre mick got another huge win over former Xavier d bag Sean Miller last night.

The worst shooting performance in the 47 year history of Arizona’s arena history for Arizona.

Mick is going to alter the Pac 12 just like he altered the AAC. Teams will recruit tougher guys just so they can matchup with UCLA. Just like Houston modeled it self after UC.

I don’t care who it is... if you beat Sean Miller, I’m happy
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:00 AM   #2374
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Mediocre mick got another huge win over former Xavier d bag Sean Miller last night.

The worst shooting performance in the 47 year history of Arizona’s arena history for Arizona.

Mick is going to alter the Pac 12 just like he altered the AAC. Teams will recruit tougher guys just so they can matchup with UCLA. Just like Houston modeled it self after UC.

I don’t care who it is... if you beat Sean Miller, I’m happy
I also hate Sean Miller. I don’t think he is a good coach at all. He gets recruits that rival duke and uk and can’t do anything with them. Mick will always be solid. Can he take the next step. Always the question. Always will be until he does it in March.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:08 AM   #2375
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I also hate Sean Miller. I don’t think he is a good coach at all. He gets recruits that rival duke and uk and can’t do anything with them. Mick will always be solid. Can he take the next step. Always the question. Always will be until he does it in March.
Hard to just say he is solid.

In his first year with a complete Steve Alford soft as ice cream foster, he now has two top 25 kenpom wins, with 1 of them being on road in a rivalry game.

Them beating Arizona by 13 on the road would be equal to us beating Houston on the road by the same margin.

If Brannen pulls off that, this board would say he’s more then solid.

The pac 12 is now the 4th best conference in basketball according to kenpom and he’s tied for 4th place in the league. His team still gets to host zona, zona st, Washington, Washington state.

Pretty much set up for a winning record in his first season in the 4th toughest league with zero players you recruited. That’s more then solid. That’s a good coach.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #2376
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

In his first year with a complete Steve Alford soft as ice cream foster, he now has two top 25 kenpom wins, with 1 of them being on road in a rivalry game.

Them beating Arizona by 13 on the road would be equal to us beating Houston on the road by the same margin.

The pac 12 is now the 4th best conference in basketball according to kenpom and he’s tied for 4th place in the league. His team still gets to host zona, zona st, Washington, Washington state.

Pretty much set up for a winning record in his first season in the 4th toughest league with zero players you recruited. That’s more then solid. That’s a good coach.
I saw mick coach for 15 years. I don’t think he’s a great coach. Sorry. I think he’s good but that’s it. If you think he’s one of the best coaches in America, awesome. There’s a reason he was UCLA’s 10th choice or whatever he was.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #2377
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I saw mick coach for 15 years. I don’t think he’s a great coach. Sorry. I think he’s good but that’s it. If you think he’s one of the best coaches in America, awesome. There’s a reason he was UCLA’s 10th choice or whatever he was.
You can think what you want.

I’m fine with where are at right now. But I’m certain UCLA competes for a pac 12 championship next year and makes the tourney. In year 2 with only 1 of your players added, I think that’s a pretty good coach.

Only now he will have some elite talent in the tourney. Let’s see how it works out.

I want him to win and I want John Brannen to win. I want mick to win to prove every one wrong and I want CJB to win because it’s the team I care about
Old 02-09-2020, 09:30 AM   #2378
Chance2017

Chance2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Really good win by Mick. Team showed toughness and good for them. I just can’t imagine still wanting Mick as your basketball coach. Not that you directly said that Justin, just seems implied with your posting history. We have a ton of data to support Mick Cronin is a 7 seed coach and a 2nd round exit guy. His teams peek at the wrong times and his style only wins in a certain type of game. Move on. Kind of pathetic Justin....or should I call you Keeneland Dan.....
Chance2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #2379
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
I just think it's funny Mick has already been reprimanded for going after the officials after a loss.

Yes they got a good win but it's also coming off getting blown out by 18 the game prior.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:46 AM   #2380
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance2017 View Post
Really good win by Mick. Team showed toughness and good for them. I just can’t imagine still wanting Mick as your basketball coach. Not that you directly said that Justin, just seems implied with your posting history. We have a ton of data to support Mick Cronin is a 7 seed coach and a 2nd round exit guy. His teams peek at the wrong times and his style only wins in a certain type of game. Move on. Kind of pathetic Justin....or should I call you Keeneland Dan.....

Dude.

My response is based on the fact that so many people think mick wasn’t a good coach. He is. He will prove it at UCLA

And hold your arrogance with Brannen too. I’m happy we are playing well. But let’s be 100% real. We ain’t shit without Mick’s guys leading the way.
We aren’t in the tourney yet. We haven’t won a tourney game yet. And our road game defense is bound to cost us a game really soon. Let’s hope it’s not today.

I’m happy with the way things are trending. But with the screw ups we had early in the season, our margin for error is zero. We can’t keep expecting to score 80 on the road while also allowing 80.

I’m looking toward future so I’m not asking for mick back. But I will defend his legacy here because I thought it was really good.

Jarron Cumberland is the perfect bridge between old era to new era. But next season we won’t have that guy and we will get a true look at how Brannen develops from the ground up.

Just stop with the arrogance.

“success is momentary”—— John Brannen