Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #31
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
BearcatReport.com ‏@BearcatReport · 5h5 hours ago

BREAKING: Bedford WR Trent Cloud (@tnert_) has committed to the #Bearcats after decommiting from Toledo. Story to come.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:26 AM   #32
Z-Fly

Z-Fly is on a distinguished road
I'll continue to admit, I don't know anything about anything. I see on rivals that the current recruiting class is worse than any of TT's classes. Am I missing something?
Z-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:53 AM   #33
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
I'll continue to admit, I don't know anything about anything. I see on rivals that the current recruiting class is worse than any of TT's classes. Am I missing something?
Well, this is the 2018 thread...

But, for the 2017 class, it's more TT didn't seem to care too much about it. Our class was ranked, I believe, 11th in the conference before Fickell took over. As of today, it's jumped up to ranked 7th.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:56 AM   #34
Z-Fly

I understand what thread it is. Other posters were going back and forth between 2017 and 2018 posts, so I did the same .................................................
Old 01-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #35
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are missing the fact that Tuberville was in place for 4 years and Fickell has had the job for barely 1 month. Then factor in him hiring an entire staff and also prepping for the CFP. The 2018 class will tell a lot.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #36
Z-Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
You are missing the fact that Tuberville was in place for 4 years and Fickell has had the job for barely 1 month. Then factor in him hiring an entire staff and also prepping for the CFP. The 2018 class will tell a lot.
No, not at all. I think he's doing a great job. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest TT hater around. I have been reading reports, with much excitement attached, about Luke's recruits. To me, it had the feeling that people were saying they were better than anything Tommy had ever landed. Then I did some digging, it seems they were about on par. I am simply confused.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #37
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I understand what thread it is. Other posters were going back and forth between 2017 and 2018 posts, so I did the same .................................................
That wasn't an attack on you! My bad.

But, like jacob said, TT didn't do anything for this class. What Fickell has done says a lot because he's done it in about a months time. I think it's fair to say that by this time next year, the 2018 will probably be ranked higher than any of TT's. I hope so, at least. It's fair to assume, based off of the recruits he's got this last month, that he can do better given he will have more time to developed relationships with the class of 2018.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #38
Z-Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post

But, like jacob said, TT didn't do anything for this class. What Fickell has done says a lot because he's done it in about a months time. I think it's fair to say that by this time next year, the 2018 will probably be ranked higher than any of TT's. I hope so, at least. It's fair to assume, based off of the recruits he's got this last month, that he can do better given he will have more time to developed relationships with the class of 2018.
Sounds good. Thanks for the info. I also realize that the transfers don't come into account either.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #39
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post

Time will tell. How many of those recruits did Luke begin a relationship because he was at a premiere P-5 program? Yes, it hurt to call them premiere, but it's kinda true. Winning opens a lot of doors, again time will tell.

The biggest and best thing about Luke is huge emphasis on local kids. If he can keep a few top local kids (4 or 5 star), this program will be very competitive with every G-5 program and most P-5 programs. There are a lot of really good football players in the Tri-state. Win and he may even get to the point of winning recruiting wars with tO$U...once Urban leaves.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #40
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post
Time will tell. How many of those recruits did Luke begin a relationship because he was at a premiere P-5 program? Yes, it hurt to call them premiere, but it's kinda true. Winning opens a lot of doors, again time will tell.

The biggest and best thing about Luke is huge emphasis on local kids. If he can keep a few top local kids (4 or 5 star), this program will be very competitive with every G-5 program and most P-5 programs. There are a lot of really good football players in the Tri-state. Win and he may even get to the point of winning recruiting wars with tO$U...once Urban leaves.
Unless UC is in a P5, I don't see this happening. If it does happen, likely to be outlier