Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #271
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
Lol. This is funny. You're gonna see how hard it is to recruit at Cincy now. Funny No one recruited Brooks now look who's after him.
Um he was offered to play at Georgetown, Miami, Virginia Tech, Rhoda Island , South Carolina, Seton Hall and St Johns out of high school... hardly not recruited.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #272
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Um he was offered to play at Georgetown, Miami, Virginia Tech, Rhoda Island , South Carolina, Seton Hall and St Johns out of high school... hardly not recruited.
You dont know what you're talking about. Ask Chad. Maybe ge can shed some light.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:43 AM   #273
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Cmon. UC used 3 years of scholly to get what we got from brooks. Now that he is great defensively and average offensively sure others want him for 1 year
Unless you are Kentucky, Duke or a few other power schools. You don't recruit a freshman for what he can do for you this year or even next year. You recruit him for what he can do as a junior or senior and work on developing him into that player. You want him to be able to contribute as a Sophomore, but the junior and senior years are the main focus.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #274
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Unless you are Kentucky, Duke or a few other power schools. You don't recruit a freshman for what he can do for you this year or even next year. You recruit him for what he can do as a junior or senior and work on developing him into that player. You want him to be able to contribute as a Sophomore, but the junior and senior years are the main focus.
Ummm I understand this. Just not a surprise other schools are interested in getting the mostly finished project...thigh I’m a bit surprised they’d give up 2 years of scholly for 1 year. So maybe they expect him to get a waiver?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #275
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
His defense is awesome. His rebounding is terrific. The kid is still weak with that ball at the rim. Was hoping to see that get better next year if he stays. He has a long way to go offensively still. If he leaves to follow the coach that recruited him to UC, he won’t ever get there.
Mick Never really put a Big Guy in the NBA Brooks had to be his most developing one... It was crazy how Yancy seemed to stagnante throughout his time here should of been in the league no question, has played professionally. Hopefully Brooks decides to stay other than Logan and Cumberland (if he puts on for himself) it would really benefit these guys as a team and individually to sit put. I thought Brooks and Scott would turn heads next yr was really hoping to see Scott take a Justin Jackson type leap as far as impact, both thier games seemed to be coming together as a duo
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #276
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Brooks was playing like man on mission end of season. Scott regressed to me last year. I believe Mick called Brooks his best pro prospect on team when he was FR.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #277
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Brooks was playing like man on mission end of season. Scott regressed to me last year. I believe Mick called Brooks his best pro prospect on team when he was FR.
Scott actually finished the season on a pretty strong note. Over the last 6 games of the year (which was a pretty difficult stretch) he averaged 13 ppg and 8.7 rpg while shooting over 38% from 3.

Brooks averaged 8.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg and a whooping 4 fouls per game (with 3 disqualifications) over that same stretch.

While Scott doesn't have the physical attributes to be a next level stud like Brooks, he certainly is just as important of a cog to the team's success as any other player not named Cumberland.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #278
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
“Source: Cincinnati transfer Nysier Brooks is receiving interest from Miami, Virginia Tech, LSU, Arkansas, Ohio State, N.C. State, Marquette, Baylor, and Lasalle” per Jon Rothstein

Maybe I'm off base... but if everyone returns UC better than every one of these teams, imo. Maybe Marquette.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #279
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Maybe I'm off base... but if everyone returns UC better than every one of these teams, imo. Maybe Marquette.
I think you’re right other than the playing the top competition in the acc. Big east wouldn’t be much better especially with the fox1 deal. Either way other teams will be worse and the hauser bro are transferring from mu
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #280
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
It's kinda understandable to sell fan base basement finishes after major coaching change in big East. If Cumberland and Brooks leave we bottom of barrel team in AAC. We might be playing like smu for couple years with only 5-6 players
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote